Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:07 PM   #26
turtlez
Banned

This forum has just turned into a big whining fest. I don't see how a tech company can make your lives so miserable that you are compelled to cry about every article macrumors puts up about Apple, good or bad. Go out and enjoy life, you only have one shot at it..
turtlez is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
This forum has just turned into a big whining fest. I don't see how a tech company can make your lives so miserable that you are compelled to cry about every article macrumors puts up about Apple, good or bad. Go out and enjoy life, you only have one shot at it..
Yeah, that's pretty much the internet for you. If you don't endlessly gripe, complain, and criticize everything, people might think you're too easily pleased, and thus not very smart.

This thread is pointless. Why are we wasting our time talking about something so stupid?
Renzatic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:58 PM   #28
1Alec1
Banned

I don't see why users here are complaining about the new App Store layout in iOS. It's better than the last one, where you had to click on each app before you could see anything. I guess people just like to complain.
1Alec1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:00 PM   #29
Sixtafoua
macrumors 6502

i don't see any notes on my app, because according to my sales numbers, my app is a piece of ****.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:04 PM   #30
Tech198
macrumors 68040

lol... well that worked well.

Why is these notes *in* the product info ?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:36 PM   #31
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Satori View Post
Glad this came out before the new Mac Pro.
Well yes, because the same five people design all the hardware, write all the software, curate iTunes, negotiate deals and sue Samsung
charlituna is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:59 PM   #32
kockgunner
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Are you going to say this for everything that comes out before the Mac Pro? I bet you don't even need a Mac Pro...

The thing I don't like about the notes is that every time you swipe the screen shot, it scrolls the content down so the app notes get shown but the screenshot gets cut off.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:02 PM   #33
1Alec1
Banned

Quote:
@ all the whiners here:

So Apple does something harmless and you cry

Apple does nothing and you cry

You guys are the ones that keep the world from going forward.
It's not anyone on this thread, but I'm pretty sure some of these "newbies" are paid to say something bad.
1Alec1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:13 PM   #34
Antares
macrumors 68000

Location: Somewhere in the Milky Way....a little place called Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayomat View Post
wow some people are resistant to sarcasm..
Sorry. I got the sarcasm after reading after reading other comments. I don't always pick up on it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:31 PM   #35
Chataupiano
macrumors newbie

God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps, yes they exist I have bought a ton of them but ever since apple has made it impossible to browse the app store by new releases the only kinds of apps I can now discover are these completely useless games
Chataupiano is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:36 PM   #36
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmac View Post
Yawn. Let's face it. App Store app stinks.
UI is really a personal thing. But performance can be a tad off. Mainly due to lacking metadata. It's something they face in all the stores. In the case of the App Store, its too easy to pad keywords into descriptions that put apps in the wrong place, ratings are insane sometimes, padded reviews and so on. They need to clean that stuff up big time. The whole 'you can only change text and screenshots when you submit a binary' is a good start

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chataupiano View Post
God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps,
Trouble is that they likely need the agreement of the developers as they won't make any money during that period. And the really useful apps probably haven't signed up for consideration. But the game folks have.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:51 PM   #37
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJoe View Post
I hope they feature one of the games I'm working on. :-)
What app are you working on?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:46 PM   #38
twigman08
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
UI is really a personal thing. But performance can be a tad off. Mainly due to lacking metadata. It's something they face in all the stores. In the case of the App Store, its too easy to pad keywords into descriptions that put apps in the wrong place, ratings are insane sometimes, padded reviews and so on. They need to clean that stuff up big time. The whole 'you can only change text and screenshots when you submit a binary' is a good start

----------

Trouble is that they likely need the agreement of the developers as they won't make any money during that period. And the really useful apps probably haven't signed up for consideration. But the game folks have.
Unless Apple is the one who is footing the bill. Maybe for every App downloaded that Apple does they are the one who pays the developers. Just a thought.
---------------

Though I don't understand this forum anymore. Their just a bunch of crying now. Doesn't matter what Apple does everyone just cries at them because they didn't invent some revolutionary new product or they aren't doing what they personally want them to do.

Look how long it took to get from the iPod to the iPhone? Think about how long the iPhone was actually just a prototype for! Heck wasn't the iPad technically being developed longer/first and the iPhone came before it (thought I read that somewhere)? Chances are more than likely pretty high that Apple is prototyping and showing some great innovation on some other product right now, it just isn't ready for the world. Maybe it's a TV, Maybe it's some kind of remote, maybe it's their own "Smart Glasses," maybe it's a Game Console. Maybe it is nothing we have every thought of before? Maybe I am totally wrong (I am sure I am), but chances are Apple does have something buried deep in the company that no one knows of, just waiting to be done so they can unveil it.

I mean plus we all know a huge company like Apple has everybody working on one product/feature at one time. We all know it took all of Apples thousands of employees to to do this App Store feature. We all know it took precious time away from your Mac Pro or anything like that.

Seriously, what has this forum come too? Apple can't even do anything anymore without them being in trouble it seems like.
twigman08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:07 AM   #39
Gurubarry
macrumors newbie

Sadly, the love affaire with Apple is over for many users, me included. I have an imac 2004 on my desktop...I use it for video editing with imovie HD and Slick additions, and Final cut Express .
The mini mac I bought to "Upgrade" my video production was the reason I have fallen out of of love with Apple.
The aforementioned programmes, paid for , didn't work on the mac mini, and there was NO notice given that they would not work prior to purchase...I have a friend who works in the Apple Store in Montpellier , where I live, and She didn't have any advice about this tactic ...unlike my old Pinnacle studio programmes which transferred directly to my Tosh Laptop...
I notice that company policy seems to be "Make the suckers buy all new software every IOS upgrade"
I hate this attitude, it's why I joined the fanboys 8 years ago, sadly I'm back with the original "Ogres" who have slowly realised the error of upsetting PAYING CUSTOMERS.
I was a member of "Think Secret", which was destroyed by Apple, then onto Mac Forums ...I notice the message boards of both sites reflect the ire of customers, dissatisfied with the services and support of a multinationl conglomerate. The second richest company in the USA ...."and ultimate power corrupts ultimately."
Gurubarry is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:04 AM   #40
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chataupiano View Post
God I am so sick of Apple's ocd with games the app store's featured is 90% games the iphone does more than just games and for that matter I never game on my iPhone (I use my PC to play real games) they. Need to offer us some actually USEFUL apps, yes they exist I have bought a ton of them but ever since apple has made it impossible to browse the app store by new releases the only kinds of apps I can now discover are these completely useless games
I have a couple of games, but I don't use them much.. I think they should have a separate category for non-games at the app store.
Four oF NINE is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:23 AM   #41
Bubba Satori
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kockgunner View Post
Are you going to say this for everything that comes out before the Mac Pro?
No, just to make you happy.
I want people to be happy.
I'm that kind of mensch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kockgunner View Post
I bet you don't even need a Mac Pro...
You mean it won't speed up Farcebook, email and posting in iRumors?
Bubba Satori is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:00 PM   #42
faizanshakyboy
macrumors member

wow, that's amazing
faizanshakyboy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:57 PM   #43
mrhick01
macrumors regular

Quote:
Do we have Haswell server processors yet? Why would you expect new Mac Pros without having the fastest, up-to-date workstation/server CPUs?
mrhick01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:00 PM   #44
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
@ all the whiners here:

So Apple does something harmless and you cry

Apple does nothing and you cry

You guys are the ones that keep the world from going forward.

----------

compared to what?
Google

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhick01 View Post
Do we have Haswell server processors yet? Why would you expect new Mac Pros without having the fastest, up-to-date workstation/server CPUs?
Dude, it was a joke...
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:15 PM   #45
holmesf
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurubarry View Post
Sadly, the love affaire with Apple is over ....and ultimate power corrupts ultimately.
That's all rather melodramatic, no? This thread is about a minor change to app store formatting.
holmesf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:55 PM   #46
GoldenJoe
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilly View Post
What app are you working on?
A few, but I think the best one is a game called Neon Blast. I could use some beta testers to let me know what they like/dislike. PM me, and I can sign you up.
GoldenJoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:31 PM   #47
Feltzem
macrumors regular

Quote:
Absolutely, I've been wanting this feature for so long! /s
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:44 AM   #48
Gurubarry
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesf View Post
That's all rather melodramatic, no? This thread is about a minor change to app store formatting.
Sorry, it is just my personal experience, and judging from the recent press and other media reports, a groundswell of opinions are moving in this direction. Nothing to crow about, I am as sad as anyone else that an idealist project is perhaps about to crumble...a bit.

Another melodramatic statement..."NOTHING will last forever".
Gurubarry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion