Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
As we all wait for a JB, I'm assuming we also need to wait for devs to fix their tweaks. With a lot of appstore apps not even optimized yet, how quickly do you think the devs, if they do, will optimize their tweaks? Some devs may still not have an i5 to test on

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
depends on the demand really.
I hope that the GBA Emulators will have iP5 support asap. I really do.

I wanna play Pokémon on my iPhone 5 ASAP!

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
This was actually something I wondering myself. Core things mobile substrate as well as apps like BiteSMS....are they dependent on the software (iOS6) - is it a matter of recompiling for the new cpu?

Or is there something more involved?

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I had tethered jb on 6.0 iPhone 4 and very few of my favorite tweaks were working. Winterboard stuff was nightmarish. Lots of crashes and re-boots.. and not many Cydia developers have a jb to test with on an iPhone 5 yet, I suspect that the remainder of the summer we will be begging for our favorite tweaks to be iOS 6 compatible.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Anyone here knows who I can contact about the emulators for the iPhone? The GBA emulators and GBC.

I'd like to talk to the developer so he can maybe prepare a version already. Or atleast warn him in beforehand.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Anyone here knows who I can contact about the emulators for the iPhone? The GBA emulators and GBC.

I'd like to talk to the developer so he can maybe prepare a version already. Or atleast warn him in beforehand.

There is a good chance he knows about the iPhone 5 release already. And maybe even about the upcoming jailbreak too!

Also is ZodTTD even active? I know he was the best on the mobile emulator scene pre 2011. His web page is a ghost city.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012

I'm sure if they are selling it, it's already iOS 6 compatible. Otherwise they will be out of business

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Most random comment today XD

What ? cost them an ipad? Wtf :D

I'm glad I could tickle your funny bone, but I was serious. If they want to test out their tweaks on iOS6, they need an iPhone 4 (retina support), or an iPad 1, and not newer to update to iOS6 and jailbreak and develop for.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I'm glad I could tickle your funny bone, but I was serious. If they want to test out their tweaks on iOS6, they need an iPhone 4 (retina support), or an iPad 1, and not newer to update to iOS6 and jailbreak and develop for.

I don't understand this either. Especially considering the original iPad can't even be updated to iOS 6.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Most apps are developed and tested on virtual devices in Xcode

What about tweaks? One would think that the iOS simulator is so different that it cant be used to simulate tweaks. In my programming endeavors I have seen simple things the simulator could not recreate fully, and thats just apps.

I have a hard time believing that the simulator can be used for tweaks, but hey I have not programmed anything using the iOS Open Dev hacked templates, which would be the only way to do a tweak and potentially be able to test it in the simulator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.