Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Timshan0876
Extracting audio from an online video...

I have tried many programs, most of them free.. but I cannot extract the audio from a video I found online...
Can someone help me do this please??? Or offer any suggestions?

I dont want to use a program that utilizes the built in mic on my MBA, I want to extract the same quality audio that comes when I play the video...

The link is here...
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA2OT...tml?f=18904890

The reason why it is not a youtube vid is because I am currently studying abroad here in Shanghai and youtube is blocked.. so i spend my time surfing random sites such as Youku...

If someone could just extract it for me and email me the mp3 I would kiss them haha
Please?
Timshan0876 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:09 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

I did use Safari's Activity window to download the FLV and then used this to get the MP3.

If that does not work, download via ClipGrab from (better quality) and read the last posts here for guidance.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
I did use Safari's Activity window to download the FLV and then used this to get the MP3.

If that does not work, download via ClipGrab from (better quality) and read the last posts here for guidance.
The only thing is when I download the video directly from this site, the file is a .kux file... which is unable to load onto garageband or any other program to export audio from....

----------

Quote:

And also safari no longer has Activity Window... i think. or at least I dont see it here anymore...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:50 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshan0876 View Post
The only thing is when I download the video directly from this site, the file is a .kux file... which is unable to load onto garageband or any other program to export audio from....

----------

And also safari no longer has Activity Window... i think. or at least I dont see it here anymore...
Can you use ClipGrab and the Vimeo link? It is the same remix and much better quality, as the video you linked to has a 1 MB audio track for 4 minutes of audio.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Quote:
Can you use ClipGrab and the Vimeo link? It is the same remix and much better quality, as the video you linked to has a 1 MB audio track for 4 minutes of audio.
I will try now, and that is strange.. the video I linked should be about 8 or 9 minutes long...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:08 AM   #6
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
I will try now, and that is strange.. the video I linked should be about 8 or 9 minutes long...
Yeah, it said so too on the website, but the FLV I downloaded was 16.8 MB big and had only 4 minutes of data.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Quote:
Yeah, it said so too on the website, but the FLV I downloaded was 16.8 MB big and had only 4 minutes of data.
wait.... you were able to download the video in FLV format??
you used clipgrab for this im assuming?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:26 AM   #8
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
wait.... you were able to download the video in FLV format??
you used clipgrab for this im assuming?
Nope, I used Safari's Activity Monitor.
You could try the Firefox Video Download Helper add-on with that site though. You have to jump to the latter part of the video though to download the rest, as it seems, the stream consists of three FLV files, one ad, one Payphone song and then the song about Oliver Kahn.

PS: Why is this site plastered with so much graphics? Is that a Chinese thing?

Last edited by simsaladimbamba; Jan 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: while there might be a Wrath, it is not the time to batch it onto cucumbers like Oliver
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:44 AM   #9
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Quote:
You could try the Firefox Video Download Helper add-on with that site though. You have to jump to the latter part of the video though to download the rest, as it seems, the stream consists of three FLV files, one ad, one Payphone song and then the song about Oliver Kahn.

I just did it... i managed to download it to a quicktime flv file.. now it should be pretty simple to extract the audio....

THANKS

----------

Quote:

... ok its now downloaded and completed but the song is only 4 minutes long like you said.... any ideas?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:45 AM   #10
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
I just did it... i managed to download it to a quicktime flv file.. now it should be pretty simple to extract the audio....

THANKS

----------

... ok its now downloaded and completed but the song is only 4 minutes long like you said.... any ideas?
As I said, go to the part of the video where the other song is.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Timshan0876
macrumors member

Quote:
As I said, go to the part of the video where the other song is.
Got it, thanks man... or girl haha, thanks alot

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio