Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1
whooshbong
macrumors newbie

Internet connectivity on bootcamp/win 7

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help.

I've installed win 7 via bootcamp, seems to be ok. my imac is plugged into the router via cable as they sit nxt to each other. However, IE seems to be very selective about connecting to websites. keeps saying there is an connection error which it can't diagnose.

Says the router is ok. Also trying to connect to the Star Trek Online server which is patchy, may or may not be the same problem. ANyone got my ideas?

Cheers
whooshbong is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2
TheMadNun
macrumors newbie

Whilst not being of much help to the OP, it was suggested I move my thread here too. Same kind of issue re internet, so I'm "merging" it. Here's my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadNun View Post
Hi all,

I recently installed windows 7 pro using bootcamp, but have had issues with the drivers and networking. The wireless connection would not "enable" in network settings, and the connection for the Ethernet would never connect to the Internet (constantly said "identifying"). After that the Ethernet would randomly disappear, replace itself with "Ethernet 2" then disappear again. I removed all the. Drivers and tried installing them manually, then removed bootcamp and tried reinstalling them with the support setup. None of this worked.

Has anybody else had this experience, or could somebody give me advice on what to do to get a function Win 7 install running?

Cheers
TheMadNun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:55 PM   #3
jenzjen
macrumors 68000

Did you run boot camp assistant on OS X and download the latest Windows support software? The drivers are updated behind the scenes so you should download/re-burn them onto a USB key vs using the key from before.
jenzjen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac