Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Besides facebook, twitter and instagram what are some of your favorite apps? The ones you can't live without now. Also what are your favorite games for iPad? Thanks!

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
1Password, Flipboard, Instapaper, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Minecraft, NBA 2K13, Letterpress and Monopoly.

dorofrin

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
I dont use my iPad for anything else than games, so I can only recommend you the following:

Clash of Clans
Mayas & Aliens
Simpsons Tapped Out
Temple Run 2
Jurassic Park Builder
Infinity Blade 2

I have a lot more on my iPad, but these are my favorites :D

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I was tempted by that - but it was a bit too pricey so I set Appshopper watching it so I'd be notified when it goes on sale.

Then it doubled in price the next day. :mad:

You can't put a price on security. I seriously couldn't live without 1Password now that my Mac, iPad and iPhone versions all sync together. I can now safely and easily have a different, strong password for every site I visit.

I didn't want to mess with it at first, but I had a huge sigh of relief knowing that if a site like Amazon gets hacked, the hackers won't be able to access ANY of my other accounts like PayPal or Apple since my password for Amazon is different then any other password I use.

Seriously, get it and update all of your passwords. The price is nothing if you compare it to your online security. And of course 1Password isn't just for passwords. You can store all kinds of secure information in it. (I also wouldn't trust some random password manager with my information. For me, it's 1Password only.)

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Flipboard
Ebay
The Game
Apple remote
iPhoto

Do you have young kids? I have some good suggestions but won't waste my time if you don't :)

dancj

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
You can't put a price on security. I seriously couldn't live without 1Password now that my Mac, iPad and iPhone versions all sync together. I can now safely and easily have a different, strong password for every site I visit.
I already use SecureSafe which gives me the same functionality for free. The only issue there is it has a 50 password limit until you have to start paying a regular fee - and I refuse to do that. I'm up to 43 passwords right now.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I already use SecureSafe which gives me the same functionality for free. The only issue there is it has a 50 password limit until you have to start paying a regular fee - and I refuse to do that. I'm up to 43 passwords right now.

I personally wouldn't trust them with my info. They mention on their site that they store your info for you when 1Password stores it locally. Hell, I had to do a ton of research before I even trusted 1Password with my data. That's why I mentioned I wouldn't trust just any company. You have no idea if your info is being stored somewhere.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This is all the stuff I have on my iPad Mini:

Snapseed

Living Earth
Thermo

Wikiweb
iHandy Calculator HD Pro
MobisleNotes

Photoshop Touch
SketchBook Ink
Poster
Firetask
Documents by Readdle
Archives
TextExpander

Figure
GarageBand
DM1 Drum Machine
76 Synthesizer
Tabletop
Orphion

ComiXology
Amazon Instant Video
Kindle
Pushover
Adobe Revel
Splashtop 2
U-Verse
Zinio
iTunes U
HotKeys

Flipboard
GMail
Day One
Paper
Noteshelf
Evernote

As for games... :D

Lili
Rayman Jungle Run
Sonic Jump
Swing King
The Blockheads
King Oddball
Fibble HD
Gesundheit! HD

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012

I didn't want to mess with it at first, but I had a huge sigh of relief knowing that if a site like Amazon gets hacked, the hackers won't be able to access ANY of my other accounts like PayPal or Apple since my password for Amazon is different then any other password I use.

Seriously, get it and update all of your passwords. The price is nothing if you compare it to your online security. And of course 1Password isn't just for passwords. You can store all kinds of secure information in it. (I also wouldn't trust some random password manager with my information. For me, it's 1Password only.)

1Password sells on 50% at this moment...

Titus

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2009
iControlAV2 for my receiver. My TV and surround sound speakers are the only things on the wall. No wires. I have the Harmony remote APP and the app that controls my receiver. I love this feature..

Xe - Table of elements....very fun way to learn chemistry
Audubon - if you're interested in birds
Osmos - Favorite game
Scrabble - Favorite game to play when I'm in boring meetings
Netflix - love streaming shows while cooking

fujitsu

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
I like Flipboard, Dropbox, Viber, just to name a few.

As for games, my favorite is Bastion. Try Granny Smith as well.

Hope it helps!

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Anyone play any of the racing games like RealRacing2, need for speed, etc. Or what about Modern Warfare, Call of duty?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone play any of the racing games like RealRacing2, need for speed, etc. Or what about Modern Warfare, Call of duty?

The only CoD games are CoD Zombies. Need for Speed is pretty great (and so is RR2), but I'd wait on Real Racing 3 which should release anytime now.

richimages

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Southeastern US
iFiles - remote viewing of any of your cloud files like: webdomain, dropbox, facebook, etc ...

DropBox

EverNote

OliveTree BibleReader

NoteShelf - and excellent handwriting app (get a fiber mesh tipped stylus for best results )

Kindle

ArtStudio - for digital artist, look up some youtube videos on this one.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
...I'd wait on Real Racing 3 which should release anytime now.

Except that RR2 HD is $1.99 right now, and who knows when RR3 is really coming out. (Must I take another career thru RR2? OK, I will.)

Regards,
Tom

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011

Need for speed most wanted is an awesome game and is only .99 right now. Real racing 2 is also great.

On my iPad mini I have:

My top 3 apps are:
1.- Tweetbot (for me the best twitter client out there)
2.- Pulse News (I can check all blogs and similar stuff at a glance)
3.- Evernote

Other apps I use

Daily use:
Facebook, google +, linkedin, getglue, app store, iStudiez Pro, Pages, Penultimate, Blackboard and Living Earth

Reading, news:
iBooks, BBC News, CNN, Flipboard, toucharcade, imdb, news stand, 3x local news apps + local cinema app.

Games:
Max Payne, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Bastion, Infinity Blade 2, NFS Most Wanted, F1 2011, Asphalt 7, Real Racing 2, Repulze, FIFA 13, ARC Squadron, GPP, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Walking Mars, Rayman Run, Zombie GS, Walking Dead, Dead Space, Gesundheit! HD, Anomaly Korea, GBWG, Downfall, Boost 2, Into The Dead, Reckless racing 2, Mutant Mudds, God of Blades, Edge EX, Jetpack Joyride, Naught, Angry Birds Rio & Star Wars, Temple Run2, Plague Inc

Youtube, TED, and World War 2 apps.

About games, most (if not all) of them were either free or .99. This TouchArcade app is fantastical (is from the same developers as macrumors) because it keeps a track of when apps are free or at sale. As you can see most of my games are premium and I guess the only game I got at full price was Mass Effect Infiltrator and only because I'm a great fan.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Besides facebook, twitter and instagram what are some of your favorite apps? The ones you can't live without now. Also what are your favorite games for iPad? Thanks!

Flipboard
Pulse
Dropbox
Cnet
AP news
eBay

Games
Temple Run 1, 2, and Brave
Flows
CSRRacing
:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.