Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kloefkapper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
Hello everybody, I am new here.

I use a Macbook Pro 13' 2,4 GHz with Virtual DJ Pro (Legal) 7.3 on it. Every month, i pay 9,99$ for streaming music from Grooveshark in Virtual DJ. More details: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

Most of the time when I work as DJ, I haven't an internet connection, but I can 'cache' the Grooveshark music, so I can play every song offline, but only with Virtual DJ. Virtual DJ saves it as a file with the extension .vdjcache. But I'd like to play these files also with Traktor or Serato, unfortunately this software doesn't recognize the .vdjcache files.

My question is: Is there any software for converting .vdjcache to .mp3? (I'v already searched on Google) Or can I change it my self by editing the .vdjcache file in Text editor?

Thanks in advance :),
J. A.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Hello everybody, I am new here.

I use a Macbook Pro 13' 2,4 GHz with Virtual DJ Pro (Legal) 7.3 on it. Every month, i pay 9,99$ for streaming music from Grooveshark in Virtual DJ. More details: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

Most of the time when I work as DJ, I haven't an internet connection, but I can 'cache' the Grooveshark music, so I can play every song offline, but only with Virtual DJ. Virtual DJ saves it as a file with the extension .vdjcache. But I'd like to play these files also with Traktor or Serato, unfortunately this software doesn't recognize the .vdjcache files.

My question is: Is there any software for converting .vdjcache to .mp3? (I'v already searched on Google) Or can I change it my self by editing the .vdjcache file in Text editor?

Thanks in advance :),
J. A.

It's probably an encrypted format only readable by Virtual DJ.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.