Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
are you sure about that? where do you do that?

Settings > iTunes Store > Accounts > Add New Account

Then when you want to switch accounts, you go back there and you'll see "Switch to Account" with the ones you've added listed.

It's a relatively new feature. I think it was added with the previous update.

InfoTime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Went looking but couldn't find details... Will any bluetooth keyboard work or does it have to be Apple branded? I think it's the former, but curious.

1Alec1

macrumors regular
The original Apple TV was horrible. I can't believe Apple made that. The new one is triumphant. It's way better than what Google and others have to offer, it's relatively inexpensive, and it works wonderfully with other Apple stuff.

A device that can take video streaming from an iPhone and put it on a TV for $100 is remarkable since there are plenty of analog video transmitters that cost more. But if your ATV is not on wifi, it should act as a wifi router or switch like Airport cards and boxes can. And it could use an App Store and a better video browsing system.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
(1) TV Show Folders (and movies) - CANNOT STAND that this feature was taken away back when Gen2 came out. It is ridiculous that it hasn't been implemented when even iTunes sorts by each season now.

(2) Multiple Home Sharing Accounts. It should have access to more than one at a time...useful for big families/roomates.

(3) Output of other aspect ratios when Airplaying the iPad...it would be nice to wirelessly connect to a projector/smartboard for teachers and not have to deal with the black bars.

(4) Apps - sure, def. want them, but not for just anything. i want companies to make app channels and such. That would be a big help.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Great! I'll finally get one.

I was going to get a Lightning HDMI adapter for my iPhone 5 and next iPad, but that costs fully half what an AppleTV does, and cables are awkward. May as well get an AppleTV and go wireless!

Went looking but couldn't find details... Will any bluetooth keyboard work or does it have to be Apple branded? I think it's the former, but curious.

I can't confirm, but historically Apple has never limited people from using non-Apple keyboards and mice.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Dumped my AppleTV last year.WOuldn't stop tormenting me with the HDCP error. Even though every other DV equipment had zero issues with my TV. Waste of $99.

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
(1) TV Show Folders (and movies) - CANNOT STAND that this feature was taken away back when Gen2 came out. It is ridiculous that it hasn't been implemented when even iTunes sorts by each season now.

Edit: Settings > Audio & Video > Show Playlists: All

Last edited:

1Alec1

macrumors regular
Dumped my AppleTV last year.WOuldn't stop tormenting me with the HDCP error. Even though every other DV equipment had zero issues with my TV. Waste of $99.

What other equipment? My ATV did that too because my TV is not HDCP-compliant. So did my TiVO and FiOS cable box when I watched movies. It's BS. I had to get a Cables Unlimited HDCP stripper from a bankrupt Chinese company for $50 :mad:

tootall

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Hurrah for: "Send stereo audio from movies, TV shows, and other videos on Apple TV to AirPlay-enabled speakers and devices (including AirPort Express and other Apple TVs)."

...Home theatre set up has become extremely easy

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Update: Apple appears to be referring to the new Apple TV model with a code name of J33I, compared to the J33 code name used on the third-generation Apple TV. While we have no direct evidence, it is possible that the "I" simply refers to an international variation of the current box. Just last month, Apple launched iTunes movies in nearly four dozen new countries.

Ok cool. That means that I can live just a little better now and calm down from my panic now that I know that my third-generation TV isn't as obsolete as I originally thought when I first saw this post. :)

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
I am not sure what is so new about iTunes Match streaming, I could have sworn I was able to do that before?

It isn't iTunes Match streaming that was added. That was already there. This is iCloud Music Purchases. So basically if you aren't an iTunes Match subscriber, all music you have previously purchased from Apple will be able to streamed from their servers.

martygras9

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
Meh....

I want to see NAS support so I don't have to have my main Mac on all the time, just to watch a movie. It's not an unusual request, Apple. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Virtually every other network streaming player out there does this.

I couldn't agree more. To try and circumvent turning my mac on, I recently downloaded File Browser onto my iPhone and iPad. Does the trick and works great, but would still be nice to take one less variable out of the equation.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
It would be better if they just put a freakin hardrive back in. Stupid move taking out.

Or, better still, rather than Apple trying to pick the right size hard drive to balance pricing needs and customer wants (which widely vary), how about just normalize the USB port and let those that want local storage hookup however much storage they desire?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Finally can send audio to AirPlay speakers! Amazing, hopefully works with YouTube and Netflix apps too!

Max E Verde

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
New Jersey
I am not sure what is so new about iTunes Match streaming, I could have sworn I was able to do that before?

You can stream purchased music if you are not an iTunes Match subscriber.

Also can confirm, bluetooth keyboard works with Apple TV (2nd gen).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.