Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
For everyone posting about wanting a jailbreak, is the jailbreak they are releasing for 6.1 or 6.0.3?

Should I run the update if I'm waiting for the jailbreak or just wait?

It works for both. They just didn't want to burn it on 6.0.3 to be fixed by 6.1.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
For everyone posting about wanting a jailbreak, is the jailbreak they are releasing for 6.1 or 6.0.3?

Should I run the update if I'm waiting for the jailbreak or just wait?

MuscleNerd posted on twitter: Do not update via OTA! (I'm assuming updating through iTunes is ok though..)

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

If consumers don't want Siri then why was it quickly copied by Samsung and Google (and others?). They obviously felt it was a compelling enough feature that they needed to expend precious resources to ensure their devices had something similar.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
If consumers don't want Siri then why was it quickly copied by Samsung and Google (and others?). They obviously felt it was a compelling enough feature that they needed to expend precious resources to ensure their devices had something similar.

Exactly, and to talk about gimmicks what about the S-Pen? Maybe for a tablet, certainly NOT for a phone.

Just my opinion.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I agree IOS is dying fast! Why do you think we are all waiting for Jailbreak!? For the same reason people are leaving IOS! or correct me if I am wrong?

Even if everyone on this forum IS waiting for a jailbreak, does not mean all ios users are. In fact a great majority of ios users love ios as it is, because of its simplicity and great integration into the apple ecosystem.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I agree IOS is dying fast! Why do you think we are all waiting for Jailbreak!? For the same reason people are leaving IOS! or correct me if I am wrong?

I wouldn't call 20 people on a forum as "We are ALL waiting...". Most people who own iPhones, or Android for that matter, have no idea what a Jailbreak is, or what rooting means.

There. You've been corrected.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
A perceived desire by the masses. In my personal circle of friends and business contacts, no one uses it for anything.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
Is there known issues with OTA update?

He explained it was because updating OTA adds new SHSH blobs, and also creates a new scenario for them to test (which they don't have time for). Better to just stick with iTunes update until more information is available.

Macs In LA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Wha?

This is one of the dumbest things I have read. People are leaving iOS? They sold 75 million iOS devices last quarter alone. They had huge increases in iPhone and iPad sales, selling about 47 million iPhones in 12 weeks, up from 38 million in the year-ago quarter. With tablets, competitors had more products than ever, and iOS market share when UP.

So please tell me who is leaving iOS?

There will always be the geeks who will switch to something else because it is new and shiny - it appeals to their lizard brains. But for consumers at large, "people" are not leaving iOS.

RobertoCohen

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2012
Has anyone updated to iOS 6.1 on their iPhone 4S and or iPad 4? How's it holding up so far? Any hindrance on performance, reduction in speed, etc.?

yep i have a 4S and i have updated to iOS 6.1. It runs a bit snappier but i haven't seen any difference, you won't even notice it tbh. I don't know about the battery side of things because my phone is still charging.:D

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
This is one of the dumbest things I have read. People are leaving iOS? They sold 75 million iOS devices last quarter alone. They had huge increases in iPhone and iPad sales, selling about 47 million iPhones in 12 weeks, up from 38 million in the year-ago quarter. With tablets, competitors had more products than ever, and iOS market share when UP.

So please tell me who is leaving iOS?

There will always be the geeks who will switch to something else because it is new and shiny - it appeals to their lizard brains. But for consumers at large, "people" are not leaving iOS.

You just wrote exactly what I've been thinking!

flipperfeet

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA

You do understand, that a jailbreak will be running on top of the iOS. It is not like you are swapping in Android or Windows mobile on your iOS device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.