Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Thanks for totally ignoring the substance of my post.

I'm sorry that Apple isn't tickling your taint with their new phone, and that you're not throbbing with excitement down there from what's coming out of Cupertino!!

Bored, huh? Well, if you're bored, everybody else must be bored, too! Apple is doomed!!!!!!!

:)

Hardly call "throbbing with excitement down there" substance.. but okay.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Such as?

OH goody! :D

Nobody cares. And if they do, they need a life.

Hate? Yup mention Android on here and that's what you'll get.

It is amazing. What Android phone do you have? :)

:rolleyes:

That and it'll have a Map system that actually works. You won't get "Apple detours" with Android. Oh and Siri, yea by the time Siri answers it, I'm already on the next question...

Too much strain huh? Or maybe you were upset that someone has a different opinion and talked bad about the lil iPhone?

Yea some here aren't willing to look into other options besides iOS...More like a cult for some if you think about it.

And it'll be 1mm thinner! I could see the headline now:

iPhone 5S. Innovating with 1mm less.

And what's so special about "Jimmymck" ? :rolleyes:

Seriously though is that the best comment you could muster? :confused:

What didn't you like about it that was, as you put it, "utter rubbish?"

_gif__dis_gun_b_gud__by_aartboy-d5cp797.gif

GPS works great inside my house. Maybe he has a lead roof?

actually my building is metal inside

either way my iphone 5 location works via my wifi router

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Look, like it or not, "Apple is doomed!" has become a meme, and all of us can make fun of it, not just Apple haters.

Pretty much anyone who uses those words together are people bitching about imaginary people claiming "Apple is doomed!". Funny how that works eh?

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Dude...you love Justin Bieber? I mean...he's got some decent songs I guess...if you are into that sort of thing....

Interesting article: Galaxy S3 casing issues plague the smartphone, Samsung to repair affected units

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-casing-issues-plague-smartphone-samsung-repair-affected-units-101957/

Since I'm such a kind individual and I know that you're such a huge fan of the beibs, found these for ya! :)

Should cover up the damage from the faulty casing :)

Since you mentioned Justin Beiber. I am sure these would go great with your iPhone to prevent scuffing and scratching. They might even stop your phone from bending! The "Beiber Abs" one is the greatest. They are about as thin as the iPhone 5! I already ordered for you... No need to thank me bud!

Attachments

• Qualityiphone.PNG
    Qualityiphone.PNG
    330.2 KB · Views: 123

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Another one of these threads? Really?
If you don't like the iPhone, then use something else. Y'all don't have to justify it to us. But if you do post here, be prepared for someone to refute your excuses/evidence about why changing is better.

The ice cream folks make chocolate and vanilla for a reason.

craftytony

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Sycamore, IL
Since you mentioned Justin Beiber. I am sure these would go great with your iPhone to prevent scuffing and scratching. They might even stop your phone from bending! The "Beiber Abs" one is the greatest. They are about as thin as the iPhone 5! I already ordered for you... No need to thank me bud!

Awhhh shucks hate machine...you are too too kind!

But you have me mixed up with the guy that actually likes justin bieber....

But I do love the cases I see on iPhones. Some typical ones include:

justin-bieber-iphone-5-case-free-shipping-8366.jpg

I for one like my iphone like my women....NAKED and with no protection lol

longhorns172006

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I have long denounced android products and talked about how I do not want to have a virus scanner to use my phone. But I currently have the iPhone 5 and I have 2 of my AT&T accounts that have upgrades coming to them.

I am going to use one for the s4. It will be my first experience with android. I don't hate Apple I still love my 5 as I did my 4 and my 3. I just want to see what the other side offers. If the S4 is not what it is presented to be I will simply sell it and go back to my i5 until the next iPhone comes out.

I guess you could say that I am bored with iOS but I have always loved the simplicity of the whole thing. I have come to be annoyed by people that do not have a leg to stand on because of lack of trying both devices and then I realized I am one of those people.

I will give it a fair shot and see what happens. I think all phones are becoming equals it is just a preference of build materials and OS.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I have long denounced android products and talked about how I do not want to have a virus scanner to use my phone. But I currently have the iPhone 5 and I have 2 of my AT&T accounts that have upgrades coming to them.

I am going to use one for the s4. It will be my first experience with android. I don't hate Apple I still love my 5 as I did my 4 and my 3. I just want to see what the other side offers. If the S4 is not what it is presented to be I will simply sell it and go back to my i5 until the next iPhone comes out.

I guess you could say that I am bored with iOS but I have always loved the simplicity of the whole thing. I have come to be annoyed by people that do not have a leg to stand on because of lack of trying both devices and then I realized I am one of those people.

I will give it a fair shot and see what happens. I think all phones are becoming equals it is just a preference of build materials and OS.

Not sure where you got that idea. I DID try one for a week to see what it did but deleted it because i didnt feel i needed it and havent used one asside from that week for 2.5 years.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
not worrying about downloading shows and films...as much storage as you can fill. not paying stupid prices for those shows and films...
I don't use my phone for that purpose as I'd rather watch a film on a TV personally. If that is a key feature then of course a phone with a larger screen is a better option. The beauty of choice.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'd be OK with a 4.3" iPhone. Same pixel matrix as the 4" iPhone 5, just blown up a little bit. It'll still look like a "retina" display.

We do need some new features in iOS 7, though. Like an API for app icons that can change/update themselves (for example, the current weather app icon that always says 73 and sunny), ability to swipe away individual notifications on the notification drawer (yes, like in Jelly Bean), ability to set default apps for web, email, etc. Changing the default Maps might be harder since other apps are dependent on the Apple Maps API for display (Facebook, Yelp, etc.). And expanding the ability of apps to fetch data in the background (similar to how certain Newsstand items can auto-download).

Harpster77

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I'd be OK with a 4.3" iPhone. Same pixel matrix as the 4" iPhone 5, just blown up a little bit. It'll still look like a "retina" display.

We do need some new features in iOS 7, though. Like an API for app icons that can change/update themselves (for example, the current weather app icon that always says 73 and sunny), ability to swipe away individual notifications on the notification drawer (yes, like in Jelly Bean), ability to set default apps for web, email, etc. Changing the default Maps might be harder since other apps are dependent on the Apple Maps API for display (Facebook, Yelp, etc.). And expanding the ability of apps to fetch data in the background (similar to how certain Newsstand items can auto-download).

And an LED Light on the front like the Crapberry for new msgs and missed calls. Now that is one feature i would love.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I went from Palm to BB to iPhone. I now have an iPhone 5 and a (work-issued) Razr M.

The one thing I thought I'd have trouble living without was the LED after the Treo LED and the even better color-changing BB LED when I went to iPhone 4 in fall 2010 (not long before iPhone 4S launch).

Now I notice the LED on my work-issued phone blinking away on my nightstand and I easily ignore it (outside of business hours) and I no longer miss it on iPhone. Would I mind having it back? No. Is it an important feature to me? Not any more.

I really do like my iPhone 5. Important (must-have) features to me are phone, text messaging, email and web. I also need to be able to accurately enter text. I find I can do this well on both iOS and Android but I seem to be better at text entry on iOS. Of course apps are important to me as the Apple ecosystem. But I'd have to say the feature I'm happiest about is the camera. And it's not just about lenses and low light performance. I'm happy with my iPhone 5 camera because the phone is a full 4X faster than my iPhone 4 used to be and the camera is (almost) always ready when I need it. No lags waiting for the app to launch from the launch screen. No lags hitting the button. And... Thanks to photostream... No lags for the photos to show up in iPhoto on my Mac as well as on my iPad so I can be taking pictures at a party and hand my iPad to people to browse the photos I just took. With shared photostreams, I can share the pictures on the internet while I'm still taking them.

I know facebook, instagram and twitter offer ways to share photos but I like shared photostreams best. I'm eagerly awaiting the GS4. Not because I want one but because I want the competitive pressure to force Apple's hand to give us more stuff. Much like the 128 GB iPad that was announced today priced the same as Surface Pro. Competition can be a very good thing for us end users! I'm betting that Apple will be dragged (reluctantly) into offering a wider iPhone screen. I think the 768 pixel width of the GS3 is more "right" than the 640 pixel width of the iPhone. Perhaps Apple will skip 768 pixel width and go straight to 1080p. As long as I can get more pixels on a slightly larger (but not too huge) screen I'll be happy.

I doubt Apple will ever put in an LED, though they might open up an iOS api to allow apps to dimly light the flash for some sort of indicator function.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
- The amount of spam I receive (especially marketing calls and SMS) has quadrupled since moving to android and I don't believe it is a coincidence.

Just to let people know I haven't received any spam since switching to Android nor have the people I know, seems to be a coincidence (AT&T US for me)

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
I had an iPhone 5 but it wasn't for me. It was too long of a wait for a jailbreak and the screen was just too small for me.

I got myself a Galaxy Note 2. The first thing I did was root the device and unlock the bootloader. I love it so far. I know that the S4 will come out in May but I don't care. I may switch back when the iPhone 6 comes out.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I had an iPhone 5 but it wasn't for me. It was too long of a wait for a jailbreak and the screen was just too small for me.

I got myself a Galaxy Note 2. The first thing I did was root the device and unlock the bootloader. I love it so far. I know that the S4 will come out in May but I don't care. I may switch back when the iPhone 6 comes out.

You buy the note 2 outright then?

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Pretty much anyone who uses those words together are people bitching about imaginary people claiming "Apple is doomed!". Funny how that works eh?
It takes the straw-man argument to a new level: to the point of believing your own straw-man argument. It is rather amusing actually.

Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.