Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:43 AM   #126
mrkramer
macrumors 601
 
mrkramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
You liberals are the ones saying a rural vote means more than a city vote, not me.
Then please explain what you mean. You say that the electoral college protects rural America since otherwise a politician could win by carrying the cities. Those cities have more population than the rural areas, so if it is one person one vote then if the cities vote one way that is how the election goes, but with the electoral college then the rural areas have bigger influence and their votes count for more since you can no longer win with just the cities. So how do you support the electoral college and not come to the conclusion that a rural vote should count for more than an urban vote?
__________________
"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind." -Mikhail Gorbachev

Last edited by annk; Feb 6, 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Removed slur from quoted post
mrkramer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:50 AM   #127
rdowns
macrumors Penryn
 
rdowns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Sure, but why does a rancher's vote matter more than an engineer who lives in the city? Why does rural America matter when most of our problems and solutions are in cities?

Especially when the engineer is subsidizing the rancher.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
You liberals are the ones saying a rural vote means more than a city vote, not me.

Really, it's a waste of my time to even post here.

Cross one more off your list. Soon, if not already, you can all just agree on every point made and you will be happily ignorant and in bliss.

And we now have it, the typical post from those who can't back up their dogma with facts.

Last edited by annk; Feb 6, 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Removed slur from quoted post
rdowns is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:50 AM   #128
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
It's suddenly all about positive discrimination and entitlement when it comes to votes, it seems.
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:15 PM   #129
hulugu
macrumors 68000
 
hulugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: the faraway towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post
Then please explain what you mean. You say that the electoral college protects rural America since otherwise a politician could win by carrying the cities. Those cities have more population than the rural areas, so if it is one person one vote then if the cities vote one way that is how the election goes, but with the electoral college then the rural areas have bigger influence and their votes count for more since you can no longer win with just the cities. So how do you support the electoral college and not come to the conclusion that a rural vote should count for more than an urban vote?
Exactly. I'm not the only one who came to this logical conclusion and I don't think I've been given a satisfying reason why a candidate shouldn't focus on the majority of the population who live in the cities of a given state.
__________________
I look like a soldier; I feel like a thief
hulugu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:17 PM   #130
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
Exactly. I'm not the only one who came to this logical conclusion and I don't think I've been given a satisfying reason why a candidate shouldn't focus on the majority of the population who live in the cities of a given state.
Because they vote the wrong way. It's not rocket science.
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:25 PM   #131
hulugu
macrumors 68000
 
hulugu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: the faraway towns
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
Because they vote the wrong way. It's not rocket science.
This?

__________________
I look like a soldier; I feel like a thief
hulugu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:29 PM   #132
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulugu View Post
This?

Image
That's some of that Arabic stuff, isn't it?
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:53 PM   #133
GermanyChris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Here
Did we have to break out math..now I'm sure I need to go to bed
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC