Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:39 AM   #26
Deadeyeshark
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensr123 View Post
I'm wondering if people who have an iPhone, although have the new iPod touch? If so , why?
While I don't have the new iPod Touch, I do use an iPhone 5 and 4G iPod Touch as video cameras while on holiday, space is always short! Other than that I can't think of another reason to own one. If I did, the other half would take some convincing to get one!

To answer the original point, I think the mini and iPod are two very different beasts. I find I use the mini a lot at home, lounging in front of the TV, using air-play, browsing IMDB while watching movies that sort of thing, love the remote app on the iPad, but the iPad is too large to have balanced on the side of my sofa, but the mini is ideal.
Deadeyeshark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:03 AM   #27
DirtySocks85
macrumors Demi-God

I think a lot of people overlook Apple's biggest iPod touch demographic in these discussions, teens and pre-teens who's parents don't feel that they should have an iPhone (yet). They take these things everywhere, stick them in their pockets, treat them the way many of us do our iPhones. The iPad mini just isn't designed for that level of portability. Sure it's small, compact, easy to toss in a bag, but it's not exactly a pocketable device.
DirtySocks85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:57 PM   #28
tdtran1025
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavr View Post
Hey all,

I was in the iPad forum and somebody commented how an ipod touch is $299, only $30 less than the iPad mini. I thought, no way...so i checked on Apples website and its true. So I thought, why would anybody not spend the extra $30 and get the iPad mini...so who better to ask than actual iPod owners so Im curious, why the iPod over the iPad mini?
They are in most aspect the same, except for the intended use. If people are comfortable enough to read from the tiny screen books, documents, or web surfing, then by all means the iPod is more convenient to carry. However, for some people, watching videos, reading documents, or using navigation on a 8" screen is definitely a clear advantage. On the last app, navigation, an iPad mini with LTE is a class by itself, in which you cannot get an equivalent in iPod.
tdtran1025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch