Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Hopefully I didn't word the title too poorly. iTunes keeps saying some of my songs aren't available for genius playlists and I'm not too sure why. The songs I'm having issues with were imported via CD and some obtained elsewhere. I know they're available in the iTunes Store and my ID3 tags match the ones in iTunes. Some from the same artist, but obtained not from a CD, work fine even though the song isn't available on iTunes, oddly enough. I'm not sure if any of you reading this listen to these artist, but the ones I'm having problems with are Pierce The Veil, some The Word Alive songs, and some Upon This Dawning. I'm sure there's way more than that, but I'm not about to go through my 15,000 song library to figure out what exactly does and doesn't have genius. On my iPhone I get the "This song doesn't have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist" message, but I know it's not that due to being positive there's related songs and I'm sure it's just the same issue with iTunes telling me genius is unavailable for it. Not being able to make genius playlist out of these songs isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'd like for the songs to show up in other playlist. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to edit the files in a specific way?

Any help at all would be much appreciated, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.