Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Rowbear and mikeschmeee...I LOVE your owl shots. Well Done!

While we're on the subject...a Barred Owl from this past weekend. I caught a glimpse of a Great Horned as well but he (she?) was at the top of a pine and well out of my lens reach.

PHD_5290-XL.jpg

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Is this Bow bridge in Central Park ? Never been to NY but plan on going soon. I've seen a few pics of Bow bridge and they are all very nice.

Yup ... It's Bow Bridge . It's pretty hard to get a bad picture (though I've succeeded) . Bow Bridge and the Gapstow Bridge (in the SE corner of the Park , near 57th St .) seem to be magnets for photographers . The only bad thing about Bow Bridge is that the lake the bridge spans tends to turn a rather lurid green most summers . So ... black & white to the rescue!Also , if you are visiting NYC in the next month or so , the sun's still pretty low , so both bridges will have wicked sun glare if you're shooting facing South . (That's why this shot's in B&W)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I'm enjoying the owl pix (we get them over here... but I hear them more often than see them).

Glad I got out on Saturday, when the snow came, 'cos it's all gone now. Back to heavy rain and floods. :( It was fun to photograph the house, with the light changing all the time...

morebg.jpg

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
Into the night. Not sure the reason for the weird layering in the background of the image, guess I'll have to check it when I get home.

Image_zps7b7c57c7.jpg

Last edited:

Rowbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Gatineau, PQ, Canada

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

LAX Arrival Overhead [1960d]

[The 1960d project is a Prontor 125 1960s rangefinder film camera lens modded to fit my Canon 60d]

1/250
ƒ2.8
ISO 800
45mm

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
While we're on the subject...a Barred Owl from this past weekend. I caught a glimpse of a Great Horned as well but he (she?) was at the top of a pine and well out of my lens reach.

PHD_5290-XL.jpg

Peter it looks like it's doing a little dance there, great capture. ;)

----------

Took this one at sunrise this morning, this is unfortunately as high as the tide gets for this shot, except for the odd King Tide. I'll have to keep an eye out on the tidal reports to catch the next one so the sand is well and truly covered by water in the foreground.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.