Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtieFufkin10

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2012
I've given up expecting anything in the way of delivery before mid Feb. it's messing with my head keeping thinking I'm going to get the thing earlier. Still processing this morning and I haven't looked since.
On the positive side, as I can't currently work due to lack of said iMac - my house is very clean. Which is good. As I won't be doing any when hell freezes over. Oops. Sorry. When the thing turns up.

What really pisses me off is that Apple have my money. So even if I do find one in the store. I couldn't just go and buy one without raiding my savings account.

Going by your sig, I haven't heard of any stores in my area (philadelphia, pa USA) that has a 675MX so finding one in the store is a long shot. I've thought about biting the bullet and getting a high end 1TB 680 i7 model, but I really want the 3TB Fusion, which isn't available in my stores.

Maybe I'll give them a call later and perhaps they'll throw me a freebie.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Going by your sig, I haven't heard of any stores in my area (philadelphia, pa USA) that has a 675MX so finding one in the store is a long shot. I've thought about biting the bullet and getting a high end 1TB 680 i7 model, but I really want the 3TB Fusion, which isn't available in my stores.

Maybe I'll give them a call later and perhaps they'll throw me a freebie.

I'd happily take any 27" i7 fusion drive I could get my hands on now. Don't care about GPU or HDD size just as long as its fusion.

I'm turning down work. Because I have nothing to work on. Tbh. I should have bought a 21" to keep me going until the 27" arrived. But it's a bit late for that now.

irishlad92

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Wicklow, Ireland
Hey Guys,
Irish User Here. And heres my Stats,

Processing Items Ships: 3 - 4 weeks Delivers 07 Feb, 2013 - 14 Feb, 2013

27-inch iMac
Configuration

* 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
* 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB [ Going to Order Upgrage from Crucial whe i get the Funds ! ]
*1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
*NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
*APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
*Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
* COUNTRY KIT-B

Order Date : Jan 10th

I'm hoping I change from Processing soon. My first iMac and should be More than enough for what I need it for. Getting ridiculously impatient at this stage, finally got the money up to get one and then have to wait a month for it ! So frustrating.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Credit card finally charged

After a very long weekend of watching orders placed after mine start shipping, my cc was finally charged this morning. My order is still processing, but I'm guessing that should change soon.

Placed my order on January 6 at 11pm PST. Still 'processing', but based on the spreadsheet linked too earlier in this thread, I have a feeling that the status may change by the end of the week. Not a great feeling, just a good feeling. :rolleyes:

Machine ordered:
27" 3.4 GHz i7
8GB RAM
1 TB Fusion drive
GTX 675
Trackpad
Wireless keyboard
Applecare

And now completes my first post. Hello everyone! :D

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
What does the picture of the brown box indicate? Mine showed the brown box for a little while, but now it's back to the iMac and in the Processing phase. Just trying to figure out how many days I might still have before it's actually dispatched to FedEx.

habu281

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Whittier
I finally get to add to one of these threads....
Ordered mine over the weekend !

27-inch iMac
Configuration
  • 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
  • MAGIC TRACKPAD
  • Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd
  • COUNTRY KIT
Delivers Feb 25 - Mar 4 via Standard Shipping

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
What does the picture of the brown box indicate? Mine showed the brown box for a little while, but now it's back to the iMac and in the Processing phase. Just trying to figure out how many days I might still have before it's actually dispatched to FedEx.

Nobody really knows. Some have said it means the order should be preparing soon™ and that since it disappears after a while may be in the process of syncing together but no clues.

LionEditor

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered January 10, shipping to Mississippi... still processing :(

epsharp

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Received notice of 27" shipment!

Ordered on January 7th:
27” iMac, 3.4 GHz, i7
8 GB Memory / to be upgraded to 32 GB
HD 065-COQ4 1 TB Fusion
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1 G GDDRS
Trackpad / Alpha/Numeric Keyboard
Applecare and SuperDrive

Received an email at 2 a.m. CST/US confirming Fed Ex had picked up my computer in Shanghai; expected delivery is Friday, Feb 1! :) I feel like I've waited for this machine for more than 2 yrs after backing away from the then former "new" 27" iMac after so many problems were being reported. Sure as hell hope I didn't jump the gun this time after reading some of the posts in this forum. I just want a great computer that performs without disappointment. I'll be back to let everyone know how it goes.

mightycooldude

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Golden State
Newbie here, buying my first iMac

Ordered online at apple on Jan 2nd
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
COUNTRY KIT

Status changed online to 'preparing for shipment'

Finally shipped last night. Picked up by FedEx but still in shanghai. Expected delivery by 1/31 10.30 am.

Bobbymoon

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
So after months of lurking here I finally placed my order this morning.

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
COUNTRY KIT

Ordered Jan 28th, Delivers Feb 25 - Mar 4

Now the waiting game... Please let it come early!

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
.. and into the homestretch, my order shipped overnight (placed 7th jan, Apple Store online, going to Australia)

With a delivery estimate of 'by 31/1/2013'. The shipping notice indicated express shipping, I only selected standard shipping on my order. Some people had been told by apple reps they are sending them all out express, free of charge to make up for delays, looks like its true.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I'm excited to read that iMacs ordered on the 7th are getting shipping status! Mine was ordered on the 11th, so I hope it ships before the end of the week!

bhadrakalpa

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Command : 2013-01-14

Configuration

•3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
•8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
•1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
•NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
•MAGIC TRACKPAD-AM
•Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-C
•COUNTRY KIT : Canada, Qc

Still in proccessing

addicted to this thread :eek:

sf23103

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
I feel left behind... I ordered on January 2nd and still processing. I am wondering if maybe since it was "ships in January", I'm being put off until the last day of the month so they can get the 3-4 week people out.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
I feel left behind... I ordered on January 2nd and still processing. I am wondering if maybe since it was "ships in January", I'm being put off until the last day of the month so they can get the 3-4 week people out.

I don't know if that makes much sense, because it changed from January to 3-4 weeks shortly before I placed my order. Therefor the closest deadline for the 3-4 week orders is February 7th to the 14th. So your deadline is still priority over the 3-4 week peoples'.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
How do you track the flights btw? I know people go to flight aware but not sure what to put in it what to look for.

castoreq

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
  • 12/28/2012 - ordered Base iMac 27" + 1TB Fusion (wire transfer)
  • 1/7/2013 - order status change to "processing ...", payment accepted. Delivery 05 Feb, 2013 - 12 Feb, 2013
  • 1/28/2013 - order status change to "preparing to ship", exactly 3 weeks after accepting payment

In addition: it was shipped few minutes ago!
~16h after "preparing for shipping" status change.

madridboy86

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Finally shipped last night. Picked up by FedEx but still in shanghai. Expected delivery by 1/31 10.30 am.

I was looking into buying a 3TB fusion drive with mine :( but then I read you can't use boot camp with it :mad: as I use quite alot of windows games oh well guess I'll be glad with my 1TB FD and parallels for my gaming needs :D

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
I was looking into buying a 3TB fusion drive with mine :( but then I read you can't use boot camp with it :mad: as I use quite alot of windows games oh well guess I'll be glad with my 1TB FD and parallels for my gaming needs :D

The latest release notes for the developer seed (beta) of 10.8.3 indicates bootcamp support is coming for 3TB drives:

• Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive

Link: https://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/24/apple-seeds-build-12d58-of-os-x-beta-10-8-3-to-developers/

mlsiemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
Mine just switched to preparing for shipping...

In addition: it was shipped few minutes ago!
~16h after "preparing for shipping" status change.

My 1/1 core i7 with 3TB Fusion, numeric keyboard & wired mouse just (within the last couple of hours) switched to preparing. I'll be updating my spreadsheet entry.

cdwdirect

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
27" iMac : Order

Here are the details of my order from Apple.com:

Date of order: Jan 17
Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers: Feb 14 - Feb 22 by Standard Shipping

27-inch iMac (Z0MS) with the following configuration:
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB (32GB hand-install)
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide
Accessory Kit​

I have also ordered:
2 x Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (Arrived!)
Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Contagion Mouse (Arrived!)
Apple Wireless Keyboard - Japanese (Arrived!)​

Can't wait for the concept to become an object! :apple:

So people are saying these iMacs are shipping ~ a week early? That's good news. I've waited so long for a new iMac already! I intend to put it to work immediately for software coding and casual gaming - university is back in session so I don't have much free time.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
How long once they have my money?

Ok, so according to my credit card company, Apple took my money first thing this morning (California time), but there has been no change to my order status. As I ordered way back on the 6th I'm confident that this isn't a phantom charge to test the card. My question for those of you who have been eagle-eyeing your bank/cc accounts for signs of action is: How long has it typically taken for your order status to change from 'processing' once Apple has taken your money?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.