Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
I've had my iPhone for about two or three months I'd say and I use it pretty normally. But now I have to put a lot of effort into pressing the home button down; it's hardly responsive at all.

Is this a problem that Apple will take care of for free? Or would they view it as being my fault?

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
I've had my iPhone for about two or three months I'd say and I use it pretty normally. But now I have to put a lot of effort into pressing the home button down; it's hardly responsive at all.

Is this a problem that Apple will take care of for free? Or would they view it as being my fault?

I've posted this on other threads...but did you do a soft reset of the home button?

1. go into any apple app (iTunes, Maps, Video, Music, etc)
2. push and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" shows
3. instead of sliding this, hold your home button until the app exits
4. see if this improves your home button responsiveness!

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
I've posted this on other threads...but did you do a soft reset of the home button?

1. go into any apple app (iTunes, Maps, Video, Music, etc)
2. push and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" shows
3. instead of sliding this, hold your home button until the app exits
4. see if this improves your home button responsiveness!

That's the biggest load of crap I've read all day.

S

syd430

It's faulty. Take it in for a replacement under warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.