Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
It was on my UK Store, at least that's where I bought it from. :confused:
Well, I'm certainly confused as obviously I'm being stupid about this.
This is what I see - only Windows version, no Steamplay.

Attachments

• HL.jpg
    HL.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 61

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Hey, maybe everybody knows about this, but I figured out how to access steam from my campus where it is blocked. I am a faculty member, and my fastest machine is on campus. There is a free program from Logmein called Hamachi. You install it on your home machine and your work machine. When you want to open steam you launch it on the home machine (or leave it running if you don't have remote access) and then launch it on the work machine. It creates a VPN connection to your home.

For me this circumvented my university's block of the steam client. Now, I am a business professor, so I can't say that I condone playing games at work, or bypassing IT restrictions, but I thought that some of you may have the need to access steam when it has been blocked. This information is for purely academic purporses. ;) Use this it at your own risk.:D

Last edited:

Estes

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2012
Somerville, AL
Is there any way for me to play this on an iMac G4 running 10.4.11? I know Steam only supports 10.5 or newer, but was hoping maybe there would be a way I could play this on the old machine for an even more nostalgic experience.

Eclipse00000

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Helllppp!!!!!!

I just bought HL from Steam after finally finding out it was for mac (I cried with joy) and when I tried to launch it, it said "Half Life isn't on mac"!!!!!!
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :apple:

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
I bought it today for £1.49, played it for 20 minutes, and decided nostalgia is a funny thing.
I probably won't load it again. I'll stick with my memories!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.