Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
How is everyone's Bluetooth sound devices after the latest update? For me, my Beats Wireless connection has improved with more clearer music, less distortions, but the dropouts and minor statics in the beginning of the track still occur. Is anyone experiencing similar results? I thought Apple would finally resolve this issue but apparently not...

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Didnt see issues, nor has my mother mentioned issues with a Brookstone bluetooth speaker.

Also my Pioneer bluetooth deck, and girlfriends VW bluetooth decks have worked flawlessly with Spotify for months,

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
How is everyone's Bluetooth sound devices after the latest update? For me, my Beats Wireless connection has improved with more clearer music, less distortions, but the dropouts and minor statics in the beginning of the track still occur. Is anyone experiencing similar results? I thought Apple would finally resolve this issue but apparently not...

I haven't updated my iPhone 4s yet, but iOS 6.0.1 has audio dropouts when connected to a Logitech Mini Boombox. I was hoping they fixed this, so this is disappointing. I'm going to wait a day or so for additional feedback on the update before I take the plunge.

Yulianto

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Hi, i can agree with you that it looks like they have worked on it. There are so far no drop outs yet. The soundquality is much better also.
I will test it for a longer period and let you know.

----------

@ Boto, try a reset on your beats first.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
Glad i stumbled onto this thread. I listen to music in the car mainly through Bluetooth Audio and noticed right away the sound difference between my iPhone 4 and the 5. There was always a little static sound manly with vocals.

It's pretty much gone now.

nigameash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Space: The Final Frontier
So the problem with the stuttering is still present although it happens rarely. When I upgraded to iOS 6 from iOS 5, I found listening to music unbearable as the stuttering used to occur every 10-15 seconds. Now it occurs ever 45-120 seconds.

Smoothie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
California
So the problem with the stuttering is still present although it happens rarely. When I upgraded to iOS 6 from iOS 5, I found listening to music unbearable as the stuttering used to occur every 10-15 seconds. Now it occurs ever 45-120 seconds.

I'm finding the same thing, although the audio dropouts are much less frequent with iOS 6.1. I just listened to entire album and heard only 4 dropouts. With iOS 6.0.1, there were several dropouts per song. With iOS 5, there were none. This is on an iPhone 4s, and it may not be the same with other models.

ecowood

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2009
Better but still stuttering at beginning of some songs

6.1 is a great improvement over 5 when using my Beats wireless. No drop outs so far but still getting a stutter in the fist few seconds on many but not all songs.

Some matched albums play beautifully - no stutter, no clicks just pure music joy. Other matched albums cause grief.

I was thinking of returning my beats but they are now 85% usable. I hope apple give Bluetooth a bit more love in the next update.

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Having dropout issues as well on my refurbished Big Jambox. I initially thought it was my JB iP4S, but my wife's non-JB 4S drops out every now & then as well.
Does anyone know if they fixed these issues in 6.1.1, 6.1.2, or 6.1.3 ?

a.jfred

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Austin, TX
Still hit or miss (mostly miss) with my iPhone 4 on connecting with the stereo in my 2012 VW Jetta, which is really irritating. I made mention of it to the guys at the dealership when I went in for my 1-year maintenance, stating that there's likely a firmware patch I need on the receiver. Their solution was to tell me they were going to reset the receiver, and if that didn't work, I'd have to schedule an appointment so they could run a diagnostic on it, and that would take about 3 hours.

*insert facepalm here*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.