Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatrickW98

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2012
Subrubs of Chicago, IL
Hello!

Would anyone please be able to take the time to do this logo for me? Thanks! That would be awesome!

Attachments

• tumblr-logo.png
    tumblr-logo.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 103

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Maybe this has been touched on already. I'm curious to know...is this whole thing something that is likely going to be "wiped out" when they release the next iOS update? I'm not too familiar with jailbreaking, but if memory serves me correctly, every time a jailbreak was made available it was basically wiped out when an iOS update was pushed out. I know this isn't anything close to jailbreaking, but I'm wondering if the same rules are going to apply. It'd be too bad if that was the case...this is a cool, simple little mod. I'd hate to lose my Dark Knight logo! :)

Turns out I was right. :/

Edit: Updating to the latest version of iOS removed my custom icon, but it can be put right back on the phone using the same method.

Last edited:

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
requested these a few pages back, appreciate it if someone could do these please? Thanks

Please make requests with higher resolution images. Adidas is common logo and higher resolution is easily found.

I also did that weird lion logo... although there is no way it will look any good on an iPhone. It is too detailed and shrinking it to carrier logo size hides that.

Attachments

• adidas.png
    adidas.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 701
  • adidasETCHED.png
    adidasETCHED.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 702
  • adidasicon.png
    adidasicon.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 710
  • adidasiconETCHED.png
    adidasiconETCHED.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 710

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Thats the problem. I dont have OSX 10.7 i only have OSX 10.6 and CarrierEditor is not compatible

I am sorry. While I can feel your pain, I am not going to be able to help you. I have pledged to not upload IPCC files to this thread. It is not because I am any sort of control freak or trying to be mean. I am doing it to keep this thread clean, orderly and easy to understand. Could you imagine the nightmare of trying to fill IPCC requests of several people of various carriers around the world? Different version numbers? Trying to field the requests for unsupported carriers. And then having to browse this thread and having to sift through uploaded IPCC uploads! It is not as if IPCC files show us a thumbnail of what it is. Or even the confusion for newcomers to this feature. If people here are willing to take the time to edit images for carrier logos, it is reasonable to expect others to take the time to make their own IPCC files.

I think the uploading of IPCC files would do more harm than good for this thread, and I will not do them for people.

Take a look at this thread at another forum also doing carrier logos. They seem to be mostly filling IPCC requests... this thread burns my eyes trying to read through it... it is so cluttered.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/how-to-change-carrier-logo-without-jailbreaking-requests.390080/

But, I can't stop other people here from doing IPCC requests. I have only pledged not to do them myself. I hope others will follow.

If you are in the RARE situation of running an unsupported version of OSX and can't use CarrierEditor, then I suggest using Bootcamp and dual boot Windows to use CustomCarrierLogo.

Or... if someone chooses to donate their time and energy and wants to field IPCC requests, then they should start another thread specifically for IPCC requests. I, however, will not be participating in that nightmare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.