Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1
milamilano
macrumors newbie

MacBook declaring connected Epsom Printer "Offline"

I connected a new Epsom printer to my Macbook Pro a month ago. It worked perfectly, both wirelessly and with a cable. I turned on the printer for the first time in a month and though it has a green light for Wifi (meaning functioning) and it does a test print fine, it will not connect to my Macbook which although is able to find the printer, it declares it "Offline". I have tried both wirelessly and cable to no joy. I have tried reinstalling the Epsom driver, I am at a loss for what to do next. Could anyone help? Grazie!
milamilano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamilano View Post
I connected a new Epsom printer to my Macbook Pro a month ago. It worked perfectly, both wirelessly and with a cable. I turned on the printer for the first time in a month and though it has a green light for Wifi (meaning functioning) and it does a test print fine, it will not connect to my Macbook which although is able to find the printer, it declares it "Offline". I have tried both wirelessly and cable to no joy. I have tried reinstalling the Epsom driver, I am at a loss for what to do next. Could anyone help? Grazie!
While I can't give you a solution (when I have problems, I call Epson Tech Support), I would suggest that there is no real reason to ever turn the printer off. With mine (Epson Stylus NX 530) a few minutes after use, it sleeps, and draws no juice, for all practical purposes. After you get back online, I suggest you just leave it on.

Sorry I can't help with getting it back online...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help