Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
If you're trying to save your blobs to Cydias server click new. Not fetch.

Redsn0w will save your 6.1 blobs and submit them to Cydias server. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.1 IPSW for your device.

----------

Most likely fixed the iPhone 4 bugs.

I don't like TinyUmbrella. I've tried backing up the blobs but it gives me:

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone5_World 6.0.2 (10A) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Also, it's ***** up my internet & my iTunes.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Nonsense. By staying on 5.1.1 I am guaranteed that I will always be able to restore my iPhone to a jailbreakable version no matter what Apple does or whether the new jailbreak is ever released. Once I update to 6.1, there's simply no going back.

That is very true but to the rest that are stuck on stock firmware it's a good idea to go up to 6.1 since according to all the devs the jb will be out soon for that version.
They can also wait till the actual jb is out to update but I like to be ready ahead:)

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Does anyone have a link to the redsnow application? Also, will it work for both the iphone4s as well as the ipod touch 5g?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Why? And how do you even DL them from Apples? And why would you do that?

Is there any risktaking involving doing this with Redsn0w? I mean, I'm sending my blob to Cydia.

No risk.
But personally I would advise you to research and learn at least the basics of jb and what some programs used do and how before you go any further.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
No risk.
But personally I would advise you to research and learn at least the basics of jb and what some programs used do and how before you go any further.

Why? Is there any essential information I should know about? I've had experience with jbing my 3G.
I have never really touched space with "blobs" before tbh. Wasn't very critical on the era of 3G. That's why I don't know much about it... That said, I got curious when you mentioned it's unique. That's why I'm concerned and I think I've got all right to be.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If you're trying to save your blobs to Cydias server click new. Not fetch.

Redsn0w will save your 6.1 blobs and submit them to Cydias server. First connect your new device and turn it on, then use redsn0w’s Extras->SHSH Blobs->New and point it at the 6.1 IPSW for your device.

Thanks. I clicked "New" first and then selected the IPSW which saved the blobs on my HDD (verified in the shsh folder in application support).

As for submitting them to Cydia's servers, does that do it automatically without telling you or should there be some sort of notification? Because if I query it, there are no blobs listed in the window.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Why? And how do you even DL them from Apples? And why would you do that?

Because Cydia doesn't have your 6.1 hashes yet. That's why it says "in progress." And it may never have them, since Apple's blocking requests from the Cydia servers now.

You do it by unchecking the option to fetch from Cydia. And editing your hosts file if you've edited it in the past.

You do it because, as I said, you just can't get them from Cydia.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks. I clicked "New" first and then selected the IPSW which saved the blobs on my HDD (verified in the shsh folder in application support).

As for submitting them to Cydia's servers, does that do it automatically without telling you or should there be some sort of notification? Because if I query it, there are no blobs listed in the window.

It does it by itself.
Give it some time for it to be processed through Cydias shsh servers.
It will show up later via query.

----------

Why? Is there any essential information I should know about? I've had experience with jbing my 3G.
I have never really touched space with "blobs" before tbh. Wasn't very critical on the era of 3G. That's why I don't know much about it... That said, I got curious when you mentioned it's unique. That's why I'm concerned and I think I've got all right to be.

Things were a lot simpler back in the iPhone 3G days.
Now 3-4 years later jb got more complicated bro:)

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Because Cydia doesn't have your 6.1 hashes yet. That's why it says "in progress." And it may never have them, since Apple's blocking requests from the Cydia servers now.

I guess I'm just getting more and more confused by all this. What is it excatly that they are blocking?
I'am sorry about all this interrogation, I just wanna know if there are any risks.

Ha! Well, I figure. Now, I'm very interested in knowing all these new aspects you could tell.

Btw, AJ - I have Telia.se , what ipsw should I be picking? You only tell us about AT&T and Verizon.

Last edited:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
It does it by itself.
Give it some time for it to be processed through Cydias shsh servers.
It will show up later via query.

----------

Aha! Mines the 10B143 ! :D version number.. But hey, theres two.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I guess I'm just getting more and more confused by all this. What is it excatly that they are blocking?
I'am sorry about all this interrogation, I just wanna know if there are any risks.

Ha! Well, I figure. Now, I'm very interested in knowing all these new aspects you could tell.

Btw, AJ - I have Telia.se , what ipsw should I be picking? You only tell us about AT&T and Verizon.

Don't worry about the blocking, just save your blobs per usual.

There is no risk to saving your blobs.

According to this, you have phone model 1429 GSM, which is iPhone 5,2

iPhone 5,2 IPSW

For the iPhone 5, if your iPhone is from North America and runs on a GSM 3G network, then it's 1428 / iPhone 5,1. Otherwise it's 1429 / iPhone 5,2.

Aha! Mines the 10B143 ! :D version number.. But hey, theres two.

There are multiple build numbers depending on the device, which is odd for Apple to do.

Last edited:

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Why can't I sent hosts to Cydia?
Screen Shot 2013-01-28 at 8.37.09 PM.png

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Don't worry about the blocking, just save your blobs per usual.

There is no risk to saving your blobs.

Telia.se is GSM, which is iPhone 5,1 on This list.

There are multiple build numbers depending on the device, which is odd for Apple to do.

There are still 2 options to choose from.

Model number: MD300 , it's not there...

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Bro you're unbelievable.
Just pick iPhone 5 gsm. Not the gsm-CDMA. They are not listed by model number there.
100 questions later you're still not getting even the basics...

Don't be so hard. Remember, never done this before.
Besides, how would I know the mere differences?

I'm giving up. Gives me no such ECID's.

There's another time here in Sweden, remember? I've just wasted a night sitting here and trying to get help while all the guys who knows this , and can help, hide. Great.

Last edited:

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
What exactly do I have to set in TU so it saves blobs for 6.1, even though im on 5.x?

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Here's what the message looks like when you are done saving your SHSH blob using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3...

I dont know what the numbers represents but I deleted some of them for my privacy purpose in case someone else wants to use mine.

ScreenShot2013-01-28at54442PM_zpsc939c6bc-1_zps3ead0f13.jpg

stlblufan

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
New York City
Is there any chance that this whole thing is a ruse? Get everyone to update from their JB firmware to 6.1 and ... voila, there is no JB? I realize that those comprising @evad3rs have long been straightforward with the JB community but things do change. There has been a lot of weirdness in the JB community lately (e.g., the strange, sudden, unexplained disappearance of the unmentionable), so while I'm not calling shenanigans, I'm not updating my JB firmware until I know fo' sho' that I can jailbreak iOS 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.