Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Ye basically no one wants to reply so I guess a thread is in order.

How do I find out which firmware I'm gonna use in Redsn0w in order to save my blob?

I have telia.se as an operator.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Ye basically no one wants to reply so I guess a thread is in order.

How do I find out which firmware I'm gonna use in Redsn0w in order to save my blob?

I have telia.se as an operator.

The firmware for which you want to save blobs, is what I've always done, and been instructed.

If you want 6.1 blobs (all you can get now anyways I'm assuming since 6.0.1/6.0.2 will be closed soon if not already), click "New" then select the 6.1 IPSW for that device, and it will save them. Proceed from there.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
The firmware for which you want to save blobs, is what I've always done, and been instructed.

If you want 6.1 blobs (all you can get now anyways I'm assuming since 6.0.1/6.0.2 will be closed soon if not already), click "New" then select the 6.1 IPSW for that device, and it will save them. Proceed from there.

There are GSM and GSM+CDMA .
Is the only difference that the GSM has the nanosim tray on the right side?

I can't tell if its GSM or CDMA because I have a backplate! :(

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Guys I didnt get it. How can I save the 6.1 blobs for a device without ever installing 6.1 in it?

Is there a way?

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I'm assuming you figured it out, right? You have iPhone 5,2.

Ye thanks man but it gave me error when I selected the ipsw from "New" in redsn0w. Hey , thanks for your engagement , but its 3 hrs before I have to get up to work ..
Sincerely , thank you dwalls.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Ye thanks man but it gave me error when I selected the ipsw from "New" in redsn0w. Hey , thanks for your engagement , but its 3 hrs before I have to get up to work ..
Sincerely , thank you dwalls.

Glad it's working.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Make sure your phone is plugged in and powered on. If not restart. That error just means it can't find your phone.

Tried rebooting iPhone and the computer itself. Tried restarting redsn0w aswell.

Fresh blobs failed
No known iPhone 5,1 ECID's. If you have an iPhone 5,1 please connect it.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Tried rebooting iPhone and the computer itself. Tried restarting redsn0w aswell.

Fresh blobs failed
No known iPhone 5,1 ECID's. If you have an iPhone 5,1 please connect it.

Does iTunes recognize it? Are you using the latest version of redsn0w? My iPhone 5 was recognized by the latest version of redsn0w.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Does iTunes recognize it? Are you using the latest version of redsn0w? My iPhone 5 was recognized by the latest version of redsn0w.

Thats really weird. Yes, I have the latest. iTunes recognizes it.

I'm having problems with TinyUmbrella as well. It wont save my blob there.

----------

TinyUmbrella says:

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone5_World 6.1 (10B143) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Myzhi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2009
Thats really weird. Yes, I have the latest. iTunes recognizes it.

I'm having problems with TinyUmbrella as well. It wont save my blob there.

----------

TinyUmbrella says:

CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone5_World 6.1 (10B143) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

You are requesting the SHSH files from Cydia. Point TU to Apple instead by unchecking "Request SHSH from Cydia" under the Advance tab.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
You are requesting the SHSH files from Cydia. Point TU to Apple instead by unchecking "Request SHSH from Cydia" under the Advance tab.

Thanks, that did the job.

So, I guess saving it with Cydias servers is too late? Will they ever open again?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Cydia will save it automatically when jailbroken.

If you mean pointing to Cydia, that died with the 5.0 release 1 1/2 years ago.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
If this is a legitimate question, yes, very much too late (as of last year when iOS6 was released)

Thanks. I was just checking. So Apple has to still be signing a version to get the blob files saved off... (my new 4S still has 5.1.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.