Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scraptag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
So, my hard drive had a hiccup, and the Apple store genius reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled the OS. However, my computer came with Microsoft Office, and he didn't reinstall it. Is there a way to drag it over from my desktop, since I bought them both at the same time, and they had the same software? I don't have a disk to reinstall it.
btw, I bought the laptop and desktop in 2004, and upgraded to snow leopard a few years ago.
Any help would be appreciated.

Nov 28, 2010
located
What MS Office version do you have on what Mac running what Mac OS X version? I just ask, because Macs released before 2006 cannot run Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, only Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard at the latest, thus I presume you have MS Office 2004.

You could try Migration Assistant on the Mac with the new OS install and migrate applications from that other Mac.

scraptag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
y'know. I think I'm crazy. We bought them late in 2006, and it was right before the better os came out. I currently have 10.6.8 on my computers. I got the date wrong because I had Office 2004 for mac on them. Sorry...

Nov 28, 2010
located
y'know. I think I'm crazy. We bought them late in 2006, and it was right before the better os came out. I currently have 10.6.8 on my computers. I got the date wrong because I had Office 2004 for mac on them. Sorry...

Okay, then you could still try to use Migration Assistant via an Ethernet connection between the two Macs.

Migration Assistant / Setup Assistant information:

PS: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard was released in 10/2007.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.