Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanathin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
So, please don't judge me. :) I just purchased a 13" Retina Pro from Apple's refurb store and am extremely happy with it. However... it came in a ridiculously plain white box. I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken. Is there any way that anybody knows of that I could get my hands on the official box for the 13" Retina? Or maybe anybody that's willing to part with theirs (I could of course more than cover shipping). No accessories or anything - just the box. I'm just one of those people that saves the boxes for everything they get, especially Apple products, and that tiny perfectionist inside of me was crushed when I saw a standard white box.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2009
I hear where u are coming from, thats WHY I never buy anything refurbished from Apple.. I rather spend the extra 100 or so on NEW get factory FRESH and BOX! Plus Resale is MUCH better if its not a refurb! I feel your pain! Return it and get a FACTORY NEW one and U wil have the Box and piece of mind and u wont get someone elses return!

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
I saw a couple of boxes that they were selling in eBay before but it cost around 30-40 dollars + shipping. It is better to buy a new one instead of a refurbished.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I saw a couple of boxes that they were selling in eBay before but it cost around 30-40 dollars + shipping. It is better to buy a new one instead of a refurbished.

Considering that the refurbished units cost at least $260 less than the non-refurbished ones, then it still looks like the OP is ahead.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Or will be, until the time comes to re-home the MBP.

I doubt that the boxed version will fetch $260 more in 2 or 3 years.

----------

I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken.

It's standard practice for Apple to ship refurbished units in the plain white shipping boxes. I guess for 15% off retail that makes sense. Too bad you weren't looking for a box for a 2012 11" MacBook Air. ;)

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
Considering that the refurbished units cost at least $260 less than the non-refurbished ones, then it still looks like the OP is ahead.

Oh right! Thanks for pointing that out. I thought the refurbished are just a hundred bucks cheaper.

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
So, please don't judge me. :) I just purchased a 13" Retina Pro from Apple's refurb store and am extremely happy with it. However... it came in a ridiculously plain white box. I thought I saw that it was going to come in the original box on Apple's site, but I guess I was mistaken. Is there any way that anybody knows of that I could get my hands on the official box for the 13" Retina? Or maybe anybody that's willing to part with theirs (I could of course more than cover shipping). No accessories or anything - just the box. I'm just one of those people that saves the boxes for everything they get, especially Apple products, and that tiny perfectionist inside of me was crushed when I saw a standard white box.

still need the box? :confused: I got one for sale.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.