|Jan 28, 2013, 09:54 PM||#1|
Anyone Else Have this Problem?
I have an iPad 3 and I have scheduled an appointment with a Genius this Friday because of poor Wifi reception and slow download/upload speeds. Many people on Mac Rumors say its my router, which I would like to believe it is, but I can't after spending 9 months trying to fix this problem. (Also, Iphone 5 has a faster download/upload speed than iPad)
Things I have tried are:
1) Restore Router to default settings
2) Enable/Disable QOS, Enable/Disable WMM
3) Update Router Firmware
4) Restart Modem/Router
5) Restore iPad 3 from iTunes new
6) Reset Network Settings
7) Tested with different Routers
8) Changed DNS to Google DNS/Open DNS
9) Tested on 5GHZ/2.4GHZ band
10) Compare to iPhone 5, and another iPad 3 (32GB) Cellular BOTH on Wifi (same network and same band) They were faster than my iPad by double
11) Moved Close to Router, still, iPhone speed doubled
12) Turn off Bluetooth (reported to fix slow Wifi issues, in my case, it didn't)
13) Contacted ISP and plugged MacBook in direct connect to achieve 30mbps download, 15mbps upload
14) Tested iPad on Wireless N/B/G (all poor results)
15) Hard Reset and iPad Restart
16) Turn Wifi On/Off
17) Disable Wifi Security (WPA2) - Slight improvement by 1-2mbps. Not an option to have no security
18) Tried different router channels instead of autoscan (each one individually, 5GHZ and 2.4GHZ)
My iPad warranty is just about up in August, and I have finally given up. I was determined to fix this problem but its out of my reach.
Any more ideas, is there anything I have not tried?
EDIT: Put down a few more things I tried
Last edited by davyvfr; Jan 29, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.