Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
From the Forum FAQ:
How do I set my avatar?
Avatars are small images that display alongside a user's name. This is a feature that is reserved for established users on the MacRumors Forums. We require a 500 post minimum (user title 6502a or higher) before you are given the opportunity to upload your own custom avatar. A few users were given avatar privileges before this milestone because they won a forum contest.

Once you reach 500 posts you may not immediately be able to upload an avatar. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 500 posts.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
How do i use a Avatar?

Once you hit 500 posts (when your rank is 6502a) hit the "quick links" tab near the upper right hand part of this page, then select "user control panel" from the drop-down menu. On the user control panel page simply find the "Edit Avatar" link on the left-hand menu :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.