Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1
beatledud
macrumors regular

Sorting TV Shows on Apple TV

So I'm making the great migration of my TV show library into iTunes and thus available on my Apple TV 3.

Well I've discovered just now what many have already known. The stupid way Apple sorts shows by season only, ie Big Bang Season 1, Big Bang Season 2, then Dexter Season 1, Dexter Season 2, Fire Fly Season 1, etc. This seems idiotic rather than sorting by TV Show and then seasons within that.

Any solutions to this? I read in this thread about making Playlist Folders for each TV Show and then Smart Playlists inside for each season. This is a great idea but then how do you find the playlists on the Apple TV? The thread didn't explain how to do this.

Any other ideas?
beatledud is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater