Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:34 PM   #1
defletcher
macrumors newbie

iphoto not recognizing copy/pasted library

Hi all,

My iphoto is not recognizing my iphoto library, here are the details:

In preparation for installing a larger HD into my MBP, I copy/pasted my iphoto library onto an external HD. Once the file was pasted, the file was called "Pictures" and the icon was a piece of paper with a bent upper right corner.

Once I had my laptop back up and running again, I copy/pasted the library back onto the computer, where the icon and name were the same as on the external HD.

Then I held the option key down while opening iphoto. When the window opens asking me to select the library, I navigate to either my pasted library on my new hard drive or the external hard drive and the file is greyed-out with iphoto not allowing me to select it.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

david
mid 2009 MBP
os 10.8.2
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
defletcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store