Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:46 AM   #1
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Apple TV 5.2 Update doesn't fix airplay latency issue

Not sure if anyone has noticed this... but ever since Atv had been updated to 5.1 (iOS 6) there has been a latency issue which one wouldn't notice right off the bat, but if you go to iTunes and turn on the Multiple Speakers setting and have it playing on all of your speakers (computer, airplay speaker, Airport Express audio out, AppleTV) only the Atv will not be in synch with the other speakers. The computer and all of my other Airplay audio speakers are in perfect harmony but on my Atv there is about a .5 second delay. Also if you're streaming something from the web and Airplay mirroring it to the Atv the audio and video on the Atv will be out of sync from the Computer's display (I use a Mac Mini)

Just wanted to note that and see if anyone else has noticed this issue. But it is from before iOS 6 came out.

Last edited by MrXiro; Jan 29, 2013 at 06:58 PM.
MrXiro is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater