Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:26 AM   #26
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter74 View Post
Aren't you guys worried about keeping your passwords to the cloud? Dropbox has already been hacked once you know! If we're talking about forum passwords then I can see why one would not be concerned, but if we're talking about keeping passwords to financial institutions of credit card information, it just sounds like you're asking for trouble. Just my 2 cents worth...
With 1Password... the vault itself is encrypted. Hence, even if someone had access to your dropbox account... they can only see the encrypted vault... and your passwords are still safe.

1password uses AES encryption... the same as the world banking system.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:50 AM   #27
BrianBaughn
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningteufel View Post
Keepassx on the Mac. You can create a password protected archive kdb file with username, password,URL,notes... It works great and it's free. Put that archive in Dropbox for portability. I don't use iOS, however a quick google search indicate a paid app called iKeepass as possible companion.
MiniKeepass is free for iOS. You can open the encrypted database file from Dropbox.

Keepass is open source and there are versions for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Doesn't integrate with browsers like some of the others. A positive for me.
BrianBaughn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:32 PM   #28
James Craner
macrumors 68000

I have had 1Password for a few years now, and love it. They have just released V4 for iOS and V4 for Mac is just round the corner. If you buy V3 now then you will get a free upgrade to V4 when it is available. There is also a free trial on Agilebits website for the current version. I also put together an review of 1Password as well.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store