Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:02 PM   #51
henryonapple
macrumors 6502

unlock fusion seems to have shut down since they made it illegal to unlock phones??
henryonapple is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:14 PM   #52
Vudoo
macrumors 6502a

Unlock Fusion does the unlocks through their website now instead of on eBay. If you e-mail them through eBay, they will give you their "correct" URL. I recently unlocked two iPhone 5 for $1.99 each. I got the "congratulations" message after doing a restore through iTunes and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM just to double check.
Vudoo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:27 PM   #53
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpa01 View Post
I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?
Yes, sorry to say but that is a fake bro.
The real unlock fusion website is called swift unlocks.
That site is questionable and anyone that tries to take advantage of someone elses good rep to make money sounds shady to me.
I wouldnt trust that website
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:18 AM   #54
reidpa01
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
Yes, sorry to say but that is a fake bro.
The real unlock fusion website is called swift unlocks.
That site is questionable and anyone that tries to take advantage of someone elses good rep to make money sounds shady to me.
I wouldnt trust that website
I started suspecting this when I didn't get any responses from my email enquiries. I'll purse a refund through PayPal now.
reidpa01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:20 AM   #55
trungthiendo
macrumors regular

yes to clarify again

unlockfusion.com/ is not the same unlock fusion that everyone raves about

they have a facebook page and everything, but as far as i know the real unlock fusion only is through ebay.

file your chargeback.

my unlocked was finally processed, but it took over a week for it to happen. I suspect they probably just charge you and buy the code through ebay and the sorts

file chargeback on the company with your bank if paypal doesn't do anything.
trungthiendo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:26 AM   #56
Bako-MacAddict
macrumors 6502a

Like 3 weeks ago I unlocked my iPhone 5 AT&T through him for $2 bucks and it took about 24 hrs. Worked perfectly
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:33 AM   #57
barkomatic
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo View Post
Unlock Fusion does the unlocks through their website now instead of on eBay. If you e-mail them through eBay, they will give you their "correct" URL. I recently unlocked two iPhone 5 for $1.99 each. I got the "congratulations" message after doing a restore through iTunes and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM just to double check.
I added unlock_fusion to my watchlist (before the ban) and it still seems to be active. What happens though is he seems to put an away message up that specifies a particular day of return. The morning of that day, the auction becomes active again -- but it seems only for a few hours. As of this writing (8:32am Eastern Time) its active.

Anyway, when I purchased the service last week I got a response back within 12 hours, went home, restored and got the "Congratulations, you've unlocked your iPhone message".
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:39 PM   #58
Vudoo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
I added unlock_fusion to my watchlist (before the ban) and it still seems to be active. What happens though is he seems to put an away message up that specifies a particular day of return. The morning of that day, the auction becomes active again -- but it seems only for a few hours. As of this writing (8:32am Eastern Time) its active.

Anyway, when I purchased the service last week I got a response back within 12 hours, went home, restored and got the "Congratulations, you've unlocked your iPhone message".
eBay is trying to shut them down so it's much easier to ask them for the URL of their their "official" website and getting the unlock through there instead of waiting for the active window on eBay.
Vudoo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:41 PM   #59
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudoo View Post
eBay is trying to shut them down so it's much easier to ask them for the URL of their their "official" website and getting the unlock through there instead of waiting for the active window on eBay.
Correct.
And its cheaper to get it off their website for $1.99 per unlock.
They dont have to pay ebay their cut any more
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:15 PM   #60
bonskovsky
Banned

My question. If it is locked on Cricket, after I unlock it, will I still have Cricket service?
bonskovsky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:04 PM   #61
Vudoo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonskovsky View Post
My question. If it is locked on Cricket, after I unlock it, will I still have Cricket service?
Unlocking your phone does not affect your service. It just means your phone is on the white list to use different GSM SIMs.
Vudoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 PM   #62
bonskovsky
Banned

OK, I'm trying to do this via http://swiftunlocks.net, but there's like, no way to actually send the IMEI to them.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:47 PM   #63
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
OK, I'm trying to do this via http://swiftunlocks.net, but there's like, no way to actually send the IMEI to them.
It's not .net
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:20 PM   #64
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
They don't unlock cricket iPhones.
UF only does AT&T iPhones.
Not even sure if that carriers iPhone can be unlocked for US use. Probably for international only.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:52 PM   #65
bonskovsky
Banned

Quote:
Not even sure if that carriers iPhone can be unlocked for US use. Probably for international only.
How do you know? In fact, there's no such thing as a Cricket iPhone. It's an iPhone on Cricket.

I'm about to unlock it now. Watch.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:09 PM   #66
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
The guy is troll. Don't waste you time with him anymore. Seriously look at all his wonderful posts.
Baggio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:12 PM   #67
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggio View Post
The guy is troll. Don't waste you time with him anymore. Seriously look at all his wonderful posts.
Lol I just noticed him now clowning around.
Thanks bro.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:26 PM   #68
bonskovsky
Banned

I just noticed it couldn't be , well this particular service couldn't unlock real locked phones. S'okay. It'll be unlocked in a minute.

Quote:
I love this community.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:44 PM   #69
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I just no
I love this community.
Of course you do. That makes your trolling worthwhile.

BTW, can you post a link to where I can buy an iPhone on Cricket Wireless? I can't seem to find an iPhone on Cricket's website or on Apple's website.
Baggio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:52 PM   #70
bonskovsky
Banned

Quote:
Of course you do. That makes your trolling worthwhile.

BTW, can you post a link to where I can buy an iPhone on Cricket Wireless? I can't seem to find an iPhone on Cricket's website or on Apple's website.
You have to buy the iPhone from Apple and then take it to Cricket. Or any other carrier you want. That's the magic of having a true world phone.

Locked phones are only an illusion.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:30 PM   #71
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
You have to buy the iPhone from Apple and then take it to Cricket. Or any other carrier you want. That's the magic of having a true world phone.

Locked phones are only an illusion.
None of mine are locked. All you are doing is using Verizon phone on Cricket, since they are both CDMA carriers, not GSM carriers. It's the only iPhone that will work on Cricket. Not sure why you are looking for an unlock for your world phone, since the GSM radios on the Verizon iPhone 5 are already unlocked for world use anyway. There isn't an unlock for CDMA. Got troll?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Wireless
Baggio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:59 PM   #72
bonskovsky
Banned

Quote:
None of mine are locked. All you are doing is using Verizon phone on Cricket, since they are both CDMA carriers, not GSM carriers. It's the only iPhone that will work on Cricket. Not sure why you are looking for an unlock for your world phone, since the GSM radios on the Verizon iPhone 5 are already unlocked for world use anyway. There isn't an unlock for CDMA. Got troll?

I don't have any idea what you just said.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:51 PM   #73
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I don't have any idea what you just said.
And that proves you really are trolling. You don't even know what is an unlocked world phone. Good luck. Lol!
Baggio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:03 AM   #74
Goodeye
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

The unlock term is a misnomer with Cricket. What they do is take CDMA phones and their ESN and allow the ESN to work over their network (at least it's how it worked with basic phones back when I had cricket in College 10 years ago) I would assume smartphones are probably the same way.
Goodeye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:53 AM   #75
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

This thread needs to get deleted. This could possibly affect unlock fusions reputation, and that's not fair. He's helped out tons of us.
aphexacid is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone