Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
First off tHis is not a bashing thread.

I have had the iPhone since the 2G, love it. I currently have the 5. Being the tech guy I am I feel like I want to try a different phone. Anyone else try and switch the android ? Or feel the same?

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
I switched to a samsung galaxy s2 between the 4 and 5. Used it for well over a year. So yes, I wanted to see what the hype is about and how everything works. I liked the experience, and it was a good phone.

I voted with my wallet, I say if you are curious, you should go explore and decide for yourself. I would say try an android flagship at least for a month, so you learn everything about the phone.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
May I suggest, dont sell off your IP5 .. try to get another phone for few days to try ... You may wanna come back ...

I ended up with 2 phones for life now, An Android (HTC Butterfly) and iOS (IP5) :D

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
It's something i've often thought about.

But I couldn't lose iMessage, Airplay, Photostream, iPhoto and Music Match.

I dare say I'm locked in!

Not too bothered, because all my devices work nicely together and there isn't any stress.

But as a fellow geek, I relish having a play with my friends Android and Windows phones, Windows Phone is really nice, Android isn't as impressive to me, but better than it used to be.

So If you do make the switch i'd be interested in your thoughts! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.