Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
I will guarantee that you WILL encounter issues....If you download a lot of files and feel the need for some form of safe protection, use Clamxav from the App store, free, safe, and totally unnecessary...But just read the post's...Mackeeper will eat your Mac in time...I'd bet on it.

I did have some speed issues but put that down to not having a enough memory but have now upped it to 16gb.

Having now spent the morning reading many threads i am contemplating deleting it, not bothered about a refund not exactly a lot of money.

I have not had any of the issues most people have talked about, the only issue i had was some speed issues.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I did have some speed issues but put that down to not having a enough memory but have now upped it to 16gb.

Having now spent the morning reading many threads i am contemplating deleting it, not bothered about a refund not exactly a lot of money.

I have not had any of the issues most people have talked about, the only issue i had was some speed issues.

Speed issues are one of the little things that Mackeeper causes. It's your Mac, but I'd dump it...Really

Graveyard

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Romania
All the Macs that i've encountered lately from newbies in the OSX environment, had this piece of *cough*ware on it. One of the guys here has made a point. Most of them haven't learned that bloatware like this has no place in the Macintosh world. Some of them installed it and after a while of getting pop-ups and all kinds of messages, got sick and tired of the so called problems that the dumb piece of *cough again* was "detecting". What's infuriating is that they thought the OS had so many problems that not even such a "shiny and great program" can fix them. Can someone explain to me, why in more than 20 years of using Macs i have never felt the need to install something like that? YO! Wake up people! Are you that dumb as to fall for traps laid out by those motherlovers? Or maybe you just don't give a crap about what you spend your money on, and google is just too hard to use!?! Just give me a shotgun, a "get out of jail" card and the adress of the developers. That should do the trick! ;)

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
All the Macs that i've encountered lately from newbies in the OSX environment, had this piece of *cough*ware on it. One of the guys here has made a point. Most of them haven't learned that bloatware like this has no place in the Macintosh world. Some of them installed it and after a while of getting pop-ups and all kinds of messages, got sick and tired of the so called problems that the dumb piece of *cough again* was "detecting". What's infuriating is that they thought the OS had so many problems that not even such a "shiny and great program" can fix them. Can someone explain to me, why in more than 20 years of using Macs i have never felt the need to install something like that? YO! Wake up people! Are you that dumb as to fall for traps laid out by those motherlovers? Or maybe you just don't give a crap about what you spend your money on, and google is just too hard to use!?! Just give me a shotgun, a "get out of jail" card and the adress of the developers. That should do the trick! ;)

I have been using Macs for 15 years & i have had Mac Keeper running for about 2 years & know other long term mac users that also have it, i don't remember any bad press on it at the time.

I only started to use it when i moved from a Power PC to an Intel Mac, i will remove it tonight when i get home to see if there is a difference in speed.

:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.