Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Plan to buy IPT4 16G this friday for music, some clips/mv. I guess there should be around 5 GB or so left for gaming so can it still run new and updated games?

I read on the web that Temple run 2 is completely unplayable and thats okay because i play it on my Ipad. What about Street fighter x tekken, King of fighter, Infinity blade 2? Hope you guys can advise, thanks.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Graphic-intensive apps like the ones you listed will almost certainly lag in some areas of the game, because the old A4 chip won't be able to handle such graphics with ease.

Get the 5th Gen if you want lag-free gaming. May be slightly more expensive, but it will be worth the investment.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Plan to buy IPT4 16G this friday for music, some clips/mv. I guess there should be around 5 GB or so left for gaming so can it still run new and updated games?
As mentioned some games don't perform well on the older iPod Touches. Are you sure your space requirements aren't going to increase in the time you own the iPod Touch?

Get the 5th Gen if you want lag-free gaming. May be slightly more expensive, but it will be worth the investment.
And it will also be useable longer. Some game designers only test heavily on the latest hardware meaning that the performance on the older devices might suffer. They'll only test enough on the older devices to make sure it isn't broken.

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
If you wanna play games like infinity blade, asphalt 7,need for speed most wanted then forget the 4h gen

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2012
what about fighting games like Street x tekken and KOF?

i never play those games, sorry, but basically what i was saying was if you wanna heavy graphic games then don't get the 4th, but it should handle "light" games like temple run fine (not sure about temple run 2 though, looks like it has too much heavy graphics)

you might wanna go to the apple store and try it, but i think you should get the 5th (which i have) it has the a5 chip, i use mine to play infinity blade, asphalt,... as school really fun

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009

I read on the web that Temple run 2 is completely unplayable and thats okay because i play it on my Ipad. What about Street fighter x tekken, King of fighter, Infinity blade 2? Hope you guys can advise, thanks.

Don't waste your money on a 4th generation ipod touch. It doesn't have enough ram and runs pretty crappy even when doing very little.

RylanH16

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
It sucks

Although most games work on the iPod touch 4th gen, any game that's more intense than smashing ants or some crappy game like that will definitely lag. I still like my iPod and use it a lot, but if you're buying it primarily for gaming, get a 5th gen. Mine lags almost every 10 seconds or so just playing Temple Run or Hill Climb, and those really aren't near as demanding as some games like Real Racing 2 or Epoch. And the performance will be even worse if you have music playing at the same time.

----------

actually, whilst it takes some time to load, asphalt 7 runs pretty smoothly on the IPT 4.

Yeah Asphalt 6 worked fine on mine until I got to about 50% through and then the app wouldn't even open:mad: so I had to delete it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.