Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
dscn5895b.jpg

dscn5897q.jpg

Epikuros

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
I cannot remember how I ever lived without a scroll wheel.

I don't even remember not having one anymore but just thinking about it makes me cringe.

I have gone through the full cycle of forgetting how it is not having one to forgetting what it is like to have one, since I just use the magic mouse or, more likely, a trackpad.

Beautiful though that '98 Microsoft is, I couldn't quite go back now since at least these new things acknowledges that there ever was such a thing as a scroll wheel, even if there is only a simulacrum of it now.

AppleDeviceUser

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Magic mouse and the trackpad on my Retina MacBook Pro.

Attachments

• Magic mouse.jpg
    Magic mouse.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 440x330-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-trackpad.jpg
    440x330-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-trackpad.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 73

Resyek

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Razornaga2_zps83a5a5c7.jpg

Razer Naga- I have had it for quite awhile. I was tired of buying $20 Microsoft mice back in the day and finally just invested in a decent mouse. I think my next purchase will be a decent wireless mouse.

VoR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Razer Naga- I have had it for quite awhile. I was tired of buying $20 Microsoft mice back in the day and finally just invested in a decent mouse.

Why did you get 'tired of buying' them? They're well built and work well - and Microsoft have the best replacement policy and service I've ever experienced if you do manage to break one!

I use a (two) Logitech mx518, same as post #2 - I haven't used a mouse with more accurate tracking (when not in OSX of course :)), I don't think they could be improved!

Resyek

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Why did you get 'tired of buying' them? They're well built and work well - and Microsoft have the best replacement policy and service I've ever experienced if you do manage to break one!

I use a (two) Logitech mx518, same as post #2 - I haven't used a mouse with more accurate tracking (when not in OSX of course :)), I don't think they could be improved!

I must of just been very unlucky with them then (I went through 3 of them in about a 6 month span). I can't remember the exact model (like I said it was a long time ago) and I didn't know they had such a good warranty, but still, just because it has a 'good' warranty doesn't mean I should have to use it multiple times, ya know? They were cheaper mice though, so like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!

VoR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
UK
I must of just been very unlucky with them then (I went through 3 of them in about a 6 month span). I can't remember the exact model (like I said it was a long time ago) and I didn't know they had such a good warranty, but still, just because it has a 'good' warranty doesn't mean I should have to use it multiple times, ya know? They were cheaper mice though, so like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!

"You get what you pay for" is a stupid saying. Maybe it used to be more applicable (I wasn't alive 100 years ago), but it's wrong on so many levels in our modern world :)

Everything should last a reasonable amount of time, isn't that what you thought after the first one broke? Microsoft have a lifetime warranty on most (all?) or their keyboards and mice etc. Maybe you had a duff model, maybe you had a string of bad luck, maybe you have a secret arch enemy that snuck into your property and broke them - Got the serial number? A 3 minute call (literally) and they would have sent you another one the next day in the post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.