Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebbygoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Hi there.

I am a big fan of the ZooGue Binderpad for iPad, as it would be great for the way I use my iPad for textbooks at school as a student. I know Griffin also makes a case similar also for iPad.

The problem however is that I have a mini, and the case is only made for iPad. Does anyone know/seen a case similar to it for the mini? And if so a link would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Nope, no one. I've been looking at cases before the launch of the mini and I have yet to see anything like the Binderpad.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
if I were to make one, I would start by buying a plastic ring binder. I would cut off one of the covers, and cut it into the size of a page in the binder I were to end up using. I would cut holes in it to fit the ring binder, and make sure it worked. I would then grab a cheap iPad mini back case from eBay (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1533605/) and glue it to the plastic cover. I'd insert my iPad mini, and be done. Something like $5 worth of materials, and it would allow the use of the Smart Cover with the finished binder insert.

ebbygoo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I get what you mean now- and I'm gunna have a go at it. My only question is what glue would you be using to hold the case to the back?

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
I have both black hot glue and black Sugru next to me, so I'd use one of those. If I didn't have either though I would just go out and buy something- preferably something strong like epoxy. Lots of surface area though so shouldn't be too hard to do

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hi there.

I am a big fan of the ZooGue Binderpad for iPad, as it would be great for the way I use my iPad for textbooks at school as a student. I know Griffin also makes a case similar also for iPad.

The problem however is that I have a mini, and the case is only made for iPad. Does anyone know/seen a case similar to it for the mini? And if so a link would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks.

Not sure what you are after exactly but is this any good from Booq?

http://www.booqbags.com/us/folios/booqpad-mini

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 279

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I get what you mean now- and I'm gunna have a go at it. My only question is what glue would you be using to hold the case to the back?

You might also consider thin double-sticky foam tape.

Regards
Tom

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I love the Binderpad too! I used it for my larger iPad. I have a mini now but it would be great if they had a Binderpad case for the smaller version.

I am a teacher and occasionally I used the Binderpad with a 3 ring binder when going to training sessions. Hope they do indeed make it for the mini as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.