Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I have a 1.25Ghz Mac Mini. I had been looking for the 10.3.7 original install disc set, but someone rightly pointed out some 1.25GHz Minis shipped with 10.4 as the stock OS.

I assume my mini needs one or the other set, and will not work with both?

If so how can I determine which set originally shipped with the mini?

I wanted the original set of to get the specific mini OS 9 classic install on disc 2 of the set.

ResPublica

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
I have the original 10.3.7-set and could give you the original file for OS 9. I suppose you want the English installation file? However I won't be near that DVD for two days.

I'm pretty sure that 10.3.7 will install on every Mac mini G4, because the hardware hasn't really changed. And you can without any problem install the OS 9 Classic files on 10.4 (not on 10.5 because Leopard lacks support for the Classic Mode).

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I have the original 10.3.7-set and could give you the original file for OS 9. I suppose you want the English installation file? However I won't be near that DVD for two days.

I'm pretty sure that 10.3.7 will install on every Mac mini G4, because the hardware hasn't really changed. And you can without any problem install the OS 9 Classic files on 10.4 (not on 10.5 because Leopard lacks support for the Classic Mode).

Thanks so much.

I determined mine was a 10.3.7 original Mini by checking the serial online.

Someone locally was kind enough to offer me a 10.4 mini install set to try.

If it does not work I'll send you a PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.