Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:16 AM   #1
SmartiOS
macrumors newbie

[HELP] Create view from code for DetailView.

Hi, i'm trying to create a view from code for DetailViewController without using storyboard. so i just need some help here i don't know how it work

Code:
-(void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath

{ 
DetailViewController *detail = [[DetailViewController alloc] init];
// change detailview background color___Changed..OK! //
detail.view.backgroundColor = [UIColor whiteColor];
 // here i want make uiimage?....doesn't work! //
detail.image = UIImage imageNamed:@"cover.png"];
 // here i want make UIButton ?....doesn't work///
frame = CGRectMake(10, 70, 300, 50); or UIButton something like this...

// make Descriptiontext //
...................??

[self.navigationController pushViewController:detail animated:YES];
}

-	@end
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by dejo; Mar 29, 2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Please do not destroy the context of your thread by editing your posts to simply say "Solved".
SmartiOS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:38 AM   #2
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Your actual code would be helpful... It's difficult to help you given what you've posted won't even compile.

What is DetailViewController? What does setting its image property do? What should it do?

Have you been remembering to add the UI components you create as subviews? They won't appear until you do...
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:25 AM   #3
SmartiOS
macrumors newbie

Well, impressive! you don't know what it's DetailViewController? so when you create a push detailsView you will know what's detailviewcontroller, this is one.

two... i actually want to push different deatilview from selected row and already i did it, but when i access to detailview the background is empty and white screen because i don't use nib file or storyboard.

once you see that is too difficult, suggest me to a simple method.

thanks anyway.
SmartiOS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:59 AM   #4
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
I just double checked, just to be certain. There is definitely not a built in class called DetailViewController. I therefor conclude that it's a class you wrote yourself but didn't share the implementation of. Since you didn't tell us, I have to guess its a subclass of UIViewController. UIViewController doesn't have a property called image. Thus you're either not using a UIViewController as your base class, or you've created a custom property called image.

No matter how I look at this, you haven't shared enough details about what you are doing. I offered a friendly reminder about what you definitely need to be doing.

Thanks for the attitude, though. I'm sure everyone online loves helping people with attitude.
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:24 AM   #5
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68030

Put all the code to configure the DetailViewController's view in its viewDidLoad or loadView method.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:55 AM   #6
waterskier2007
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to waterskier2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
I just double checked, just to be certain. There is definitely not a built in class called DetailViewController. I therefor conclude that it's a class you wrote yourself but didn't share the implementation of. Since you didn't tell us, I have to guess its a subclass of UIViewController. UIViewController doesn't have a property called image. Thus you're either not using a UIViewController as your base class, or you've created a custom property called image.

No matter how I look at this, you haven't shared enough details about what you are doing. I offered a friendly reminder about what you definitely need to be doing.

Thanks for the attitude, though. I'm sure everyone online loves helping people with attitude.
DetailViewController is the class (I believe) that XCode generates for you when you pick a Master>Detail Project from the template browser. Pretty sure it just is a regular view controller with a white view, and it may have a text label on it that says something like "detail view"
16 GB Nexus 7 (2012)

Last edited by maflynn; Jan 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Removed name calling
waterskier2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming