Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Supposedly, but I wouldn't worry one bit about getting caught.

In 2099, I was going to buy a BlackBerry and "crack berry" it. Then I googled information on a "crack" for the iPhone, which pointed me to jailbreaking, which then pointed me to information on what jailbreaking is, safe or not, etc.

All I'm getting at is either search Google or search the forums before asking a silly question about "information being sent".

Glad to hear that Blackberry is still around in 2099. Welcome back to the present :D

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
So when the JB comes out you have to install something on your PC first? You can't just JB from your phone? Will I have to reinstall all my apps again when I JB? Sorry for all the noobie questions.

Like someone mentioned earlier, it's always different with each jailbreak, but regardless of which jailbreak method you use, make sure you backup your device to iTunes before you go ahead and do the procedure. This is just to make sure you can get your settings back in case something went wrong.

Backing up your Phone is truly important when the jailbreak is first released because the program they might have some small bugs. It won't be anything major like bricking your phone or anything like that, but stuff you can easily get out of by going to DFU mode. That's why I highly recommend you back up your phone before you jailbreak.

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
I used Installous, but it's funny when they wouldn't allow uploaders to gain profit, but they could have ads on their word cache section before a download. Even better, I even seen their hidden ads on their actual app. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.

I used installous to test apps. Most apps suk and I don't want to pay $1-4 for something I'll never use. It adds up after awhile. If I liked the app I bought it legit.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I used installous to test apps. Most apps suk and I don't want to pay $1-4 for something I'll never use. It adds up after awhile. If I liked the app I bought it legit.

Okay, I was talking about how Installous creators wouldn't allow uploaders to make money from their uploads, but they can have adds on their word cache's and hidden ads in Installous?

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
Well, its their website/service? What level of business ethics are you expecting form a pirated app provider.

Don't exactly feel sympathy for uploaders wanting profit either.

Sparky9292

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2004
3G Unrestrictor

Is 50MB for apps now. Also, no one wouldn't need to jb if their fav apps went official ;)

Ah, ok, I wondered if Apple changed that. I remember trying to download the Yahoo IM app, and I couldn't because I wasn't connected to WiFi. The Yahoo IM app was over 20MB in size. Well, at least I can download Asphalt 5 (it's 500MB large!) through 3G. :eek:

I make 2 hour drives between cities and it's really irritating that I can't download the TWIT podcast through 3G, so that's why I still need 3G Unrestrictor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.