Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:25 AM   #1
okusai3000
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down Video Streaming on iPod Touch 5 works like *****!

What's up everybody? Since i bought my 5th gen iPod i noticed a painful slow streaming for any kind of video websites (e.g. Youtube, vimeo, etc) and apps (Youtube, Jasmine, etc)

I have just updated to 6.1, with the hope that this issue would be fixed once for all. Well... NOT.

It's been around 4 months since they launched this gadget. How could it be that this hasn't been resolved?

Anyone found a solution?
okusai3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040

Sounds like it's your internet connection - I haven't had any problems, nor has anyone I know had any. Try using an internet speed test app to see what data rates you are getting.

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:29 AM   #3
okusai3000
macrumors newbie

It's not my internet connection. My iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, and Touch 3 gen works great on websites like youtube. Also, speedtest shows that the connection has not problems. Actually, safari works great.
okusai3000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:58 AM   #4
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusai3000 View Post
It's not my internet connection. My iPad 2, iPhone 3GS, and Touch 3 gen works great on websites like youtube. Also, speedtest shows that the connection has not problems. Actually, safari works great.
I would take your iPod Touch into an Apple store and have them look at it. Streaming is lightning fast on mine so it might be an issue with your IPT. If it works fine streaming a video at the Apple store, you might take a second look at your network. If it has problems streaming the video in the Apple store, you can compare it with another IPT to determine if you need a replacement. In any case, please post how the problem is resolved.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:07 PM   #5
Ray Brady
macrumors member

Video streaming is blazing fast on my 5th gen iPod Touch. I would agree with Plutonius. Go to an Apple store and see if they can replicate the problem there.
Ray Brady is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:25 PM   #6
Hadimachi
macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem with my iPod touch 5g 64gb.
My Internet is fast
But streaming videos and loading images take forever to load. It either goes slow or stops a lot.
I dunno what the solution is, I've tried changing DNS setting but that doesn't work.
Video streaming on my iPod 4 works perfectly fine.
I really think I need to visit an apple store and check about this
It's been almost 4 months now and nothing's improved

----------

I think it could be because I bought my iPod touch online and it was made in America then shipped to Australia.
Could be something like a region lock[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Hadimachi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch