Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmoody76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
Since there is no Publisher for Mac I am looking for something similar. I'm basically looking for some way to access a wider range of Clipart materials and default Layout templates that I'm able to change. For the most part, I'm just going to be using it to make flyers. Some people have mentioned Pages but it looks like it is more focused on Text and presentational formatting as its specialty, and I'm not seeing any big hints that it's got what I'm looking for. Any thoughts on other apps that might work?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Since there is no Publisher for Mac I am looking for something similar. I'm basically looking for some way to access a wider range of Clipart materials and default Layout templates that I'm able to change. For the most part, I'm just going to be using it to make flyers. Some people have mentioned Pages but it looks like it is more focused on Text and presentational formatting as its specialty, and I'm not seeing any big hints that it's got what I'm looking for. Any thoughts on other apps that might work?

Adobe Indesgn will do a real good job for you.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
That would probably do a great job but it's a bit pircey.

There is also Photoshop Elements 11, which is much cheaper. Will work just fine and allow you to work with layers so you can use saved files as templates. I was not sure how much you were going to use it. This will also give you a photo editor.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

What's wrong with Pages?

It all you're doing is flyers, it's drag and drop.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
There is also Photoshop Elements 11, which is much cheaper. Will work just fine and allow you to work with layers so you can use saved files as templates. I was not sure how much you were going to use it. This will also give you a photo editor.
Photoshop Elements isn't at all like MS Publisher. Apple and oranges comparison, really.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
What's wrong with Pages?

I'm also interested to know whats wrong with Pages. I have not used either Publisher or Pages, but am thinking of getting Pages for some future (basic) desktop publishing needs.

The most popular open source alternative to publisher seems to be Scribus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.