Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:47 AM   #76
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
Hey here are some more FACTS guys!!





Blue Velvet is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:06 AM   #77
Rodimus Prime
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
Hey here are some more FACTS guys!!
Again address multiple times and pointing out the flaws in what clearly is your argument of trying to bash Obama.
We got it you are a GOP lover.

It is one of those NO **** sherlock things. The 2nd inaugurations veiwer ship is down pretty much for EVERY president who got reelected. Still bet it was higher than Bush you oh so love.
Rodimus Prime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:27 AM   #78
zioxide
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
Hey here are some more FACTS guys!!


zioxide is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:44 PM   #79
obeygiant
macrumors 68040
 
obeygiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
Some sad news:

Quote:
CHICAGO (CBS) – A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.
link
obeygiant is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:02 PM   #80
yg17
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
Hey here are some more FACTS guys!!
I watched it in 2009 but not 2013 because I happened to be off work in 2009 on Inauguration Day and was able to watch it. This year, I was at work (I know, I know, it's hard to believe a liberal works, isn't it?) and was unable to watch. But I guess by your logic, that means that I don't like Obama any more.
__________________
Barack Obama is not a foreign born, brown skinned, anti-war socialist who gives away healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus.
yg17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:28 PM   #81
obeygiant
macrumors 68040
 
obeygiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
I watched it in 2009 but not 2013 because I happened to be off work in 2009 on Inauguration Day and was able to watch it. This year, I was at work (I know, I know, it's hard to believe a liberal works, isn't it?) and was unable to watch. But I guess by your logic, that means that I don't like Obama any more.
You had to work on MLK day? Damn dude you work way too hard.
obeygiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:33 PM   #82
bradl
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
You had to work on MLK day? Damn dude you work way too hard.
I did too. This is when working for the State would have its advantages, as they get some serious days off..

Back on topic, that is really sad about that honour student. **** like that shouldn't nor is supposed to happen, and I really wonder how much an armed security guard at school would take care of something like that.

Whenever I see a story like this, now being a parent, I'm at a loss for words. Yes, it is sad, but now, the thought of something like that really hits home.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:47 PM   #83
webbuzz
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
I did too. This is when working for the State would have its advantages, as they get some serious days off..

Back on topic, that is really sad about that honour student. **** like that shouldn't nor is supposed to happen, and I really wonder how much an armed security guard at school would take care of something like that.

Whenever I see a story like this, now being a parent, I'm at a loss for words. Yes, it is sad, but now, the thought of something like that really hits home.

BL.
She wasn't at school.

Quote:
just blocks from the high school she attended.
webbuzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:58 PM   #84
bradl
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbuzz View Post
She wasn't at school.
I know. But it still brings me to my point: How much is an armed security guard at school going to stop some drive-by shooting that leaves children hurt or dead. Answer: It will not help one damn bit.

The NRA's stance on this is about as stupid as the NRA's current policies themselves. I'd even say that even Charleton Heston would be facepalming with their policies now.

BL.
bradl is offline   1 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dinesh D’Souza Interview with Barack Obama... tshrimp Politics, Religion, Social Issues 12 Mar 28, 2014 02:09 AM
President Obama to accept unlimited corporate donations for inauguration event SLC Flyfishing Politics, Religion, Social Issues 50 Dec 10, 2012 01:28 PM
Barack Obama is a Tory jnpy!$4g3cwk Politics, Religion, Social Issues 19 Sep 27, 2012 03:06 AM
Confirmed: Barack Obama Is Batman! Prof. Politics, Religion, Social Issues 6 Jul 20, 2012 08:57 PM
Santorum Website: 83% Approval Rating for President Barack Obama. Prof. Politics, Religion, Social Issues 5 Jun 12, 2012 07:28 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC