Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
"I don't like Apple. I hate Apple."

Why do people feel the need to announce that?

These are actual haters. I've never experienced anything like it that people feel like it's okay to say, I don't like Apple. Whenever I do something. Or whenever I pull out my phone.

I have recieved alot of verbal abuse from random *******s, why do they feel like they have to announce that they don't like Apple?

I guess Apple must have hurt them in some way? It just really puts me at a loss, I don't do anything to deserve it.

People are also crazy, I've had people giving me business cards to get my iPhone 5. "Call me if you need me."

I will not hesitate to start calling people out on this nonsense. I will not take it any more.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Why do you care what other people think?

If you like the product and it works for you then use it. If not, buy something else. Pretty simple.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
OP, after a certain age, peer pressure & what other people think doesn't mean [anything]. Thicken your skin now and you'll be much happier. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010

These are actual haters. I've never experienced anything like it that people feel like it's okay to say, I don't like Apple. Whenever I do something. Or whenever I pull out my phone.

I have recieved alot of verbal abuse from random *******s, why do they feel like they have to announce that they don't like Apple?

I guess Apple must have hurt them in some way? It just really puts me at a loss, I don't do anything to deserve it.

People are also crazy, I've had people giving me business cards to get my iPhone 5. "Call me if you need me."

I will not hesitate to start calling people out on this nonsense. I will not take it any more.

You should meet the pro apple crowd

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
There's always a crowd of "anti-popular culture" people who hate whatever is popular. Happens with anything that's massively popular that seemingly everyone uses/has.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
It becomes hard to ignore when people say it constantly. What! Do you want me to only use my phone in a dark alley?

The next time someone says they don't like Apple to me. I'm going to tell them they need to think different.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England

Where do you spend your time? I've never had random people just offer "I don't like Apple." Heck, most people I see have iPhones.

And believe me, that isn't even close to verbal abuse.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
A similar thing happened to me once. As I was driving home in my Lexus LS430 a guy on the corner shouted out "Lexus Sucks!".

Now, mind you I don't know if Lexus did anything to him either, but I promptly exited the vehicle, threw the keys on the dash, and bought my current Mercedes S class instead.

It was a harrowing day, but it's over now.

I still don't know why he thought the Lexus sucked, but since I listen exclusively to what other people think, and don't have any ability to parse out my own feelings when someone else tells me something, I had to get something else.

Here's to hoping no one tells me my iPhone sucks, as I think I rather like it...

:(

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
No, you got it all wrong, I don't care what other people say. I really don't.

I just don't want to hear their mouths.

It's annoying when somebody opens up their mouth and says 'I don't like Apple.'

And notice, they never say Apple products, they say, I don't like Apple.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
As an Apple enthusiast, I think it could be said for both sides.

But seriously, people giving you their business cards to get your iPhone???? C'mon now. It's not like you're carrying Painite in your pocket.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
As an Apple enthusiast, I think it could be said for both sides.

But seriously, people giving you their business cards to get your iPhone???? C'mon now. It's not like you're carrying Painite in your pocket.

Yes and this was a guy that worked at AT&T of all places!

I was like, what am I supposed to do with this? Does he really want an iPhone that bad?

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
No. It sounds dumb until it happens to you.

Like, even if I'm using Siri or whatever I just can't put up with the apathy that people display whenever I'm using my phone.

tumblr_mh1cpsBSjr1rw0x65o1_400.gif

I can't live like this.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now

And you shouldn't!! How dare someone try and voice their opinion! How dare they challenge your awesomeness with your apple product! You sir, are truly a pioneer right up there with Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr.!

OR maybe you could grow up and not care what people think or say about your little precious? Yeah, that's probably a better idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.