Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:12 PM   #26
jimbo1mcm
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
I was waiting, in my house, and checked the Track Shipment and noticed that 10 minutes prior, FedEX had noted that I wasn't home and didn't deliver!!! I called FedEX and she told me they had no way to get ahold of the driver, since that station was closed. I called Apple and complained and they gave me a $50 credit on my Imac order. Still irritated at FedEx. They guy just wanted to go home.
Update: Fedex delivered the package today, 1 day late. The label, with the correct address was clearly on the package.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:16 PM   #27
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
Update: Fedex delivered the package today, 1 day late. The label, with the correct address was clearly on the package.
How was it shipped? Ground? 2 day delivery? Was it one day late or one day later than the original "estimated" shipping date?
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:20 PM   #28
jdechko
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAlien View Post
Complain to FedEx before Apple, though since the two have nothing to do with each others day to day operations.
I'd agree to complain to FedEx first, but Apple has a lot to do with FedEx in day to day operations if they've chosen FedEx as a shipping partner. With free shipping it's one thing. It can be a minor annoyance to miss a shipment and have to get it a day later. But when you pay for expedited shipping, it's an unacceptable level of service. And since the extra money was paid to Apple, it's Apple's problem just as well.
jdechko is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:43 PM   #29
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
OP keeps ignoring questions about was his package really late. If Apple didn't pay for guaranteed shipping times, then it's not late, it's just later than the estimated shipping date. The only way to say it's late is to know when it was shipped and how Apple shipped it. If it was late, then file a claim with Fedex

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.fedex.com
The fedex.com transit time information is subject to change without notice. Consult the FedEx Service Guide for terms of shipping. In the event of a conflict between the FedEx Service Guide and the transit time on fedex.com, the terms and conditions in the FedEx Service Guide will prevail
ericrwalker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:55 PM   #30
jimbo1mcm
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
OP keeps ignoring questions about was his package really late. If Apple didn't pay for guaranteed shipping times, then it's not late, it's just later than the estimated shipping date. The only way to say it's late is to know when it was shipped and how Apple shipped it. If it was late, then file a claim with Fedex
Thanks for your interest in my little problem. My package was on the truck, on the day it was scheduled for delivery, AND THEY DIDN'T DELIVER IT AND SAID I WASN'T HOME. This is a false statement and I took umbrage with it. If they had told me the truck broke down or the driver got sick, ok, but to say I wasn't home, doesn't cut it with me. They blew me off, plain and simple, and I didn't like it.
jimbo1mcm is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:05 PM   #31
radiohed
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portland, ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
Thanks for your interest in my little problem. My package was on the truck, on the day it was scheduled for delivery, AND THEY DIDN'T DELIVER IT AND SAID I WASN'T HOME. This is a false statement and I took umbrage with it. If they had told me the truck broke down or the driver got sick, ok, but to say I wasn't home, doesn't cut it with me. They blew me off, plain and simple, and I didn't like it.
I'm guessing they don't have a non-delivery code for "sick driver" or "family situation" so they use "not home" for those instances. They need to add a new code called "**** happens" Regardless of what happened, you have your iMac now, so the world is now in balance again.
__________________
Mini 2010, 2.66 running Yosemite, 8gb, 500gb HD + 256gb SSD (Fusion), 24" HD Display Time Capsule iPod Shuffle iPad Retina 16 4g
radiohed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:05 PM   #32
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
Thanks for your interest in my little problem. My package was on the truck, on the day it was scheduled for delivery, AND THEY DIDN'T DELIVER IT AND SAID I WASN'T HOME. This is a false statement and I took umbrage with it. If they had told me the truck broke down or the driver got sick, ok, but to say I wasn't home, doesn't cut it with me. They blew me off, plain and simple, and I didn't like it.

I took interest in your problem to show there are two sides to every story. You have broadcasted your side to the internet looking for support, and I am giving you plausible scenarios of what might have happened, and giving you the tools to contact FedEx if indeed it's late (I doubt it was). Again you didn't answer my question or look at my first post, which would have addressed that as well.

Even better, I've had UPS have one "out for delivery" then later that day it was 200 miles west of me, and I got it the next day.

Stuff happens, and I am willing to bet it wasn't late by their terms, or else you would have answered my question.

Maybe you were pooping and didn't hear the knock. Maybe the driver didn't finish his delivery because he died of a heart attack, and they meant to check the box that said "delivery rescheduled" and accidentally clicked "delivery attempt" heaven forbid you had to wait an extra day.

Care to provide a screenshot of the tracking? How about shipping method?
ericrwalker is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:20 PM   #33
vladfein
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechko View Post
With free shipping it's one thing. It can be a minor annoyance to miss a shipment and have to get it a day later. But when you pay for expedited shipping, it's an unacceptable level of service.
Are you saying that "free shipping" is FREE???
And we should thank FedEx for getting it to us whenever it is convenient to them, if ever?
vladfein is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:36 PM   #34
Spink10
macrumors 68030
 
Spink10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Never had a problem with my FedEx delivers thankfully - have them delivered to my work.
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:37 PM   #35
dma550
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT
My mbp got stuck behind a closed Xmas eve, and I was very unhappy. They were closed except for international deliveries, it was a monday. All in all, I'm glad apple comped you, that was very lucky for you
dma550 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:50 PM   #36
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
funny thing is , you freaked out because you got your iMac a day late , but if reports from other members are true then you most likely got your iMac a few days to week earlier than Apple's estimate .
__________________
Once You Go Mac, You Never Go Back !
mushroomtip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:04 PM   #37
xkmxkmxlmx
macrumors 6502a
 
xkmxkmxlmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Don't worry Jimbo, ericwalker is just trying to use semantics on you and your issue. We all understood the situation. We know you are not saying that the package was guaranteed on that day, but you still took the appropriate steps to make sure you were home - which is not always easy. The very least the Fedex guy could have done was deliver the package since he was OBVIOUSLY at your house.

Ericwalker needs to be right. He is demanding proof and pictures and maybe some recordings of your phone conversations with Apple. Maybe your SS number? Or you could just ignore it and don't use your brand spanking new iMac to worry about pushy internet people
xkmxkmxlmx is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:07 PM   #38
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Im also wondering if it was a Apple rep driving the FedEx truck ? otherwise I can't understand why you would call Apple unless you knew you'd get a rebate as reported in some cases .
__________________
Once You Go Mac, You Never Go Back !
mushroomtip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:44 PM   #39
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
No semantics here homie, just pure logic and reason. I hope some day you'll understand what I wrote. My guess is you only read part of my post or you're under 15.

I never said I did not believe what the tracking information says I said that there is other possibilities for what might be going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
Don't worry Jimbo, ericwalker is just trying to use semantics on you and your issue. We all understood the situation. We know you are not saying that the package was guaranteed on that day, but you still took the appropriate steps to make sure you were home - which is not always easy. The very least the Fedex guy could have done was deliver the package since he was OBVIOUSLY at your house.

Ericwalker needs to be right. He is demanding proof and pictures and maybe some recordings of your phone conversations with Apple. Maybe your SS number? Or you could just ignore it and don't use your brand spanking new iMac to worry about pushy internet people
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:50 PM   #40
xkmxkmxlmx
macrumors 6502a
 
xkmxkmxlmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
No semantics here homie, just pure logic and reason. I hope some day you'll understand what I wrote. My guess is you only read part of my post or you're under 15.

I never said I did not believe what the tracking information says I said that there is other possibilities for what might be going on.
Pure logic and reason that isn't needed. You're ignoring the fact that Fedex was there and didn't ring his bell (which they tend to do a lot). The semantics come in to play because you're yelling at him about what "guaranteed delivery" means when you know damn well it is ****** that Fedex was obviously there but didn't have the patience to find out if he was.

You sound like the 15 year old here. You're changing the argument to something else entirely. In this case, he is right to be upset. You would be too, if you took the day off work and it happened to you. Either way, he is just venting. No need to rip him a new one, homie.
xkmxkmxlmx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:55 PM   #41
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
I guess not only did you not read all my posts but you didn't read the OP.

FedEx didn't come to his house. Read the thread and start over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
Pure logic and reason that isn't needed. You're ignoring the fact that Fedex was there and didn't ring his bell (which they tend to do a lot). The semantics come in to play because you're yelling at him about what "guaranteed delivery" means when you know damn well it is ****** that Fedex was obviously there but didn't have the patience to find out if he was.

You sound like the 15 year old here. You're changing the argument to something else entirely. In this case, he is right to be upset. You would be too, if you took the day off work and it happened to you. Either way, he is just venting. No need to rip him a new one, homie.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:03 PM   #42
xkmxkmxlmx
macrumors 6502a
 
xkmxkmxlmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
I guess not only did you not read all my posts but you didn't read the OP.

FedEx didn't come to his house. Read the thread and start over.
I have read the entire thread just fine. You don't know that he was never at his house. Again, Fedex notoriously does this.

Either way, you're just being contrarian and you know it. You have badgered him the entire thread just to prove your point and win your precious internet argument. That's the bottom line here.
xkmxkmxlmx is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:18 PM   #43
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Ok last reply to you, since you don't understand the purpose of my post and are just pandering to the OP without regard as to why it wasn't delivered on the day he expected it to be delivered.


My comments/questions were about nothing more than getting to the root of the issue, all he has to do is contact FedEx about the issue. Apple should have never given a credit for something that is beyond their control. I live with online buying I buy most of my stuff through Amazon, I've had many issues with FedEx and UPS in the past.

There are many reasons why a package may not be delivered, good thing they allow you to pick up your packages if you miss them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
I have read the entire thread just fine. You don't know that he was never at his house. Again, Fedex notoriously does this.

Either way, you're just being contrarian and you know it. You have badgered him the entire thread just to prove your point and win your precious internet argument. That's the bottom line here.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:39 PM   #44
HenryDJP
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkmxkmxlmx View Post
Pure logic and reason that isn't needed. You're ignoring the fact that Fedex was there and didn't ring his bell (which they tend to do a lot). The semantics come in to play because you're yelling at him about what "guaranteed delivery" means when you know damn well it is ****** that Fedex was obviously there but didn't have the patience to find out if he was.

You sound like the 15 year old here. You're changing the argument to something else entirely. In this case, he is right to be upset. You would be too, if you took the day off work and it happened to you. Either way, he is just venting. No need to rip him a new one, homie.
Uh, you ripped into EricRwalker as well. That was pretty harsh.

Now my take (and the OP may come back and say it wasn't so) the OP could've been in the bathroom when the UPS guy showed up. It's possible. I'm not crazy about how Fedex and UPS just knock on my door and immediately start charging away back to their truck before I even get to the front door but all the years I've dealt with them they've never not showed up and posted in the computer that they did. Anyways, the OP got his computer and doesn't matter anymore.
HenryDJP is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:44 PM   #45
ericrwalker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albany, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Uh, you ripped into EricRwalker as well. That was pretty harsh.

I figure he just misread the thread, and doesn't want to admit it.

I understand the OP is just venting, but I wanted the OP to understand that "crap" happens, and there may be a legit reason for the package delay, and in fact that it was most likely not late. xkmxkmxlmx, for some reason thought that FedEx actually came to the OP's house, so I understand why my post confused him. I don't mind his digs.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:48 PM   #46
xkmxkmxlmx
macrumors 6502a
 
xkmxkmxlmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
Ok last reply to you, since you don't understand the purpose of my post and are just pandering to the OP without regard as to why it wasn't delivered on the day he expected it to be delivered.


My comments/questions were about nothing more than getting to the root of the issue, all he has to do is contact FedEx about the issue. Apple should have never given a credit for something that is beyond their control. I live with online buying I buy most of my stuff through Amazon, I've had many issues with FedEx and UPS in the past.

There are many reasons why a package may not be delivered, good thing they allow you to pick up your packages if you miss them.
And I should have stopped replying to you the second you flailed an insult; ironically a tactic generally used by 15 year olds.

You're trying to get to the 'root of the problem' after OP said his package was delivered. It seems that the OP was not going to take further action, but was just offering an update. You continued to pry and try to expose him as the wrong one in this situation. Which shows exactly what kind of person we are dealing with.

Who cares why *you* think Apple should not have given him a discount? They did it and that is their business.

They do allow you to pick up the package, yes. But, if you read correctly (which I know you have), you would note that the OP said the station was closed for the evening.

But let me get this straight. You pay for a service (or in the case the service was offered for 'free' with your $3000 purchase - but *someone* paid for it). You take a day off work missing pay. And you're the one who has to drive to Fedex to pick up the package?

I understand things happen. But it appears you just want to put down the OP at this point. Good job. I fully expect you not to reply. Have a nice night

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericrwalker View Post
I figure he just misread the thread, and doesn't want to admit it.

I understand the OP is just venting, but I wanted the OP to understand that "crap" happens, and there may be a legit reason for the package delay, and in fact that it was most likely not late. xkmxkmxlmx, for some reason thought that FedEx actually came to the OP's house, so I understand why my post confused him. I don't mind his digs.
OP said it was 'out for delivery'. It was on a truck. They very well could have come to his house. Or not. But the point was the estimate was that day, the site said it was being delivered, at it wasn't. Something went wrong, YES. Is it OP's fault? Nope.
xkmxkmxlmx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:41 PM   #47
Ak907Freerider
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Geezs people get a life. Ever think the op didn't hear the knock? I have before and guess what I called fed ex went to their main hub and picked up my package that day. Op is to busy whining he needs to get off his rear when life doesn't end up roses and handle it himself like a big boy. This is pathetic those drivers are on a tight schedule I have to go to people's houses a lot with my work. I knock then listen if it is dead silent I move on. The time it took to knock listen and if nothing is happening I walk to my truck that is plenty of time for someone to answer. Go knock on 50 doors and tell me your going to wait for long. I promise you won't. Sorry op your one day was horrible but it all worked out shoot even made $50 for sitting around. Sorry you missed a day of work but if I was your boss and found out your skipping work to get a computer delivered you would be out of work. Sounds like you need work ethic and stop blaming the world.
Ak907Freerider is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:37 PM   #48
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak907Freerider View Post
Geezs people get a life. Ever think the op didn't hear the knock? I have before and guess what I called fed ex went to their main hub and picked up my package that day. Op is to busy whining he needs to get off his rear when life doesn't end up roses and handle it himself like a big boy. This is pathetic those drivers are on a tight schedule I have to go to people's houses a lot with my work. I knock then listen if it is dead silent I move on. The time it took to knock listen and if nothing is happening I walk to my truck that is plenty of time for someone to answer. Go knock on 50 doors and tell me your going to wait for long. I promise you won't. Sorry op your one day was horrible but it all worked out shoot even made $50 for sitting around. Sorry you missed a day of work but if I was your boss and found out your skipping work to get a computer delivered you would be out of work. Sounds like you need work ethic and stop blaming the world.
Did he say he skipped work? I don't remember. Also, remember, you were the one that said, though be it jokingly, that the driver might have found out the his computer had been delivered, and rushed home to get it. People who have good work ethic wouldn't make that kind of comment because they don't relate. jimbo might have arranged for the day off, people do get vacation time, and in most cases if the employee has a good relationship with his/her boss, they can use vacation days to take care of stuff every now and then. Not just skip out. So, just like you/we don't know for sure if he knocked and then walked back or not, you don't know that he just skipped work that day. By the way, may I ask, what line of work are you in where you go door to door?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohed View Post
I'm guessing they don't have a non-delivery code for "sick driver" or "family situation" so they use "not home" for those instances. They need to add a new code called "**** happens" Regardless of what happened, you have your iMac now, so the world is now in balance again.
No, there actually IS a process for when a driver is sick or the truck breaks down. The tracking information get's updated with an exception or delay. And then the delivery date is rescheduled. They don't just mark it down as "homeowner not home". I mean, really, think about it. If that were the case, every single person who had a package on that truck would have seen their tracking state that the homeowner wasn't home. That's an awful lot of people, and they would have been calling and complaining to FedEx, especially the people like me, who watch the street like a hawk for the delivery truck and would know for SURE whether they actually came to the door, or even drove by. FedEx's wouldn't put themselves in a position like that to receive that many complaints because of a delay. I've seen what happens when a truck breaks down or if the driver has to rush away in an emergency.
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:56 PM   #49
Ak907Freerider
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I work for my cities water utility. So when we have a water line break we have to shut down that line which turns off homes or buesness so we have to go door to door letting people know what is happening.

And yes I understand leave time can be used for personal things but to throw a tantrum when things don't work out is childish. I seriously doubt the driver just ignored his house. Heck he had to walk to the door to post the no contact note. Which btw has all the info you need to arrang to pick up that day. The op could of just as easily picked it up. Apple has free shipping so not like he is out anything. It was one day not like they did it 3 times then returned it to apple which they can do. They are a shipping company not a storage lot iam sure they want it delivered just as much as the op want it delivered.

Last edited by Ak907Freerider; Jan 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Ak907Freerider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:43 AM   #50
jimbo1mcm
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak907Freerider View Post
I work for my cities water utility. So when we have a water line break we have to shut down that line which turns off homes or buesness so we have to go door to door letting people know what is happening.

And yes I understand leave time can be used for personal things but to throw a tantrum when things don't work out is childish. I seriously doubt the driver just ignored his house. Heck he had to walk to the door to post the no contact note. Which btw has all the info you need to arrang to pick up that day. The op could of just as easily picked it up. Apple has free shipping so not like he is out anything. It was one day not like they did it 3 times then returned it to apple which they can do. They are a shipping company not a storage lot iam sure they want it delivered just as much as the op want it delivered.
Thanks again for your comments. The driver did not post a no delivery note, which is one of the reasons I know he didn't attempt a delivery. As for throwing a tantrum, it didn't happen, but if an individual is irresponsible, he should be held accountable for his actions.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex shippingz unknownbeing iPhone 9 Oct 3, 2012 07:17 PM
UPS or FedEx? dontwalkhand iPhone 7 Sep 17, 2012 08:10 PM
Fedex issues? Splazzatch MacBook Pro 2 Jul 30, 2012 08:06 PM
FedEx sucks islanders MacBook Air 75 Jul 1, 2012 07:36 PM
Stiffed on applecare :( moel MacBook Pro 32 Jun 30, 2012 03:59 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC