Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
bigMAC28
macrumors member

Need help with learning linux and how to put it on my mac.

I want to be able to boot linux from my mac. I would like to use the OPT key on startup to decide which to boot from. I am having speed issues with my mac so i plan on doing a clean install this weekend. the way i would like my 500gig harddrive setup would be

75% OSX ML
25% Ubuntu ( or other version of linux depending on the best one, Suggestions)

I am very new to linux, and would like to learn more about it to further my career. Hence, why I am installing linux. I know there is a way that you download a special app that runs on startup that you have the option on which OS you want to boot from. I don't want to do that. I tried googling this issue and it seems WAY too confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike
bigMAC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac