Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:36 PM   #276
emaja
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
Itunes compatible movies I own

What to expect when your expecting - SD
Ted - HD
Seeking a friend for the end of the World - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Five Year Engagement - SD
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.
Cabin In The Woods was iTunes HD plus iTunes extras for me.
emaja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:06 PM   #277
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaja View Post
Cabin In The Woods was iTunes HD plus iTunes extras for me.
Yea I am guessing a few of mine came from DVDs and not blurays. The perk of being a former video store manager. Haha
wknapp0924 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:13 PM   #278
wharzhee
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
Yea I am guessing a few of mine came from DVDs and not blurays. The perk of being a former video store manager. Haha

Please be clear with ur post - either u redeem them from a DVD or BD.

The follow titles are misleading:
[The following titles can be redeemed in HD.]
Safe - HD
What to expect when you're expecting - HD

Last edited by wharzhee; Jan 22, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
wharzhee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:05 PM   #279
randy98mtu
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
Itunes compatible movies I own

What to expect when your expecting - SD
Ted - HD
Seeking a friend for the end of the World - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Five Year Engagement - SD
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.
Safe downloaded in HD (720p) with iTunes Extras for me...
randy98mtu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 AM   #280
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharzhee View Post
Please be clear with ur post - either u redeem them from a DVD or BD.

The follow titles are misleading:
[The following titles can be redeemed in HD.]
Safe - HD
What to expect when you're expecting - HD
I don't know what disc those came from, but I am assuming from a regular DVD if your's come out HD.
wknapp0924 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:32 PM   #281
Gadget-Man
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Cabin in the Woods does redeem as HD! Both UV and iTunes!



Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
My List of VUDU

Safe - SD- not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
The Five Year Engagement - HDX - 4/30/15
Dictator - HDX
Dark Knight Rises HDX - 12/4/14
Prometheus HDX - 10/12/14
Rock of Ages regular and extended HDX 10/09/2014
Savages HDX
What to expect when your expecting - SD - not sure if this is from a dvd or bluray
Campaign - HDX - 10/30/2014
Magic Mike - HDX - 10/23/2014
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - HDX
Cabin in the woods - SD
The Amazing Spiderman HDX - 11/09/2014
Chernobly Diaries - SD - 10/14/14
Moonrise Kingdom HDX
Madagascar 3 - HDX
Hope Springs SD
Men in Black 3 - HDX - 11/30/2014
Abraham Lincoln Vampire HDX 10/23/14
The Bourne Legacy HDX
Dark Shadows HDX - 10/02/14
Pitch Perfect HDX
Ted HDX

Itunes compatible movies I own

What to expect when your expecting - SD
Ted - HD
Seeking a friend for the end of the World - HD
Savages - HD
Safe - SD
Pitch Perfect - HD
Moonrise Kingdom - HD
Madagascar 3 - SD (This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Five Year Engagement - SD
The Dictator - SD -(This code was not advertised as ITUNES, but it redeemed in Itunes)
Cabin in the Woods - SD
The Bourne Legacy- HD

It looks like Paramount digital copies will redeem in VUDU/Flixster and Itunes. Hope this helps. I will update whenever I get more digital copies.
Gadget-Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:48 PM   #282
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Man View Post
Cabin in the Woods does redeem as HD! Both UV and iTunes!
Good to know, I need to tell my friend to go find me a blu-ray code then because I hate SD.

I just got:

Death Race 3 HDX VUDU
End of Watch HDX VUDU

I havent loaded them into itunes, but I assume those will be HD also.
wknapp0924 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:18 PM   #283
Gadget-Man
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Look back a couple posts and you will see that End of Watch is HD for iTunes and yes Death Race 3 is also HD. If you have questions goto the thread in my signature for a spreadsheet.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wknapp0924 View Post
Good to know, I need to tell my friend to go find me a blu-ray code then because I hate SD.

I just got:

Death Race 3 HDX VUDU
End of Watch HDX VUDU

I havent loaded them into itunes, but I assume those will be HD also.
Gadget-Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:28 PM   #284
shootandswing
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've purchased a few Blu-rays in the past few months and was really surprised that they've started giving out HD Digital Copies. I've got Pitch Perfect, ParaNorman, E.T. and Girls (HBO) waiting to come in the mail!
shootandswing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:10 PM   #285
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030
 
HazyCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootandswing View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've purchased a few Blu-rays in the past few months and was really surprised that they've started giving out HD Digital Copies. I've got Pitch Perfect, ParaNorman, E.T. and Girls (HBO) waiting to come in the mail!
Welcome. Yeah, I think we were all surprised that we are now getting HD codes. Of course I'm not complaining one bit.
__________________
If you have a question about my post, quote me so I am notified and can easily reply to you.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:47 AM   #286
davidscully
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
UK HD Digital Copies

I realise most people are in the US but I think it would be good to start a list for the UK. I think certain detail needs to be added to make sure people aren't just looking on here, buying something expecting a HD digital copy and then being disappointed when they get SD.

Here's my list; (All blu-ray);

PROMETHEUS
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy (No DVD)
Quality Received: HD + SD + iTunes Extra
Comments: You have to go through the fox website to convert the redemption serial into an iTunes redeemable code. Is compatible with iCloud.

Water For Elephants
Description: Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy
Quality Received: SD
Comments: You have to insert the DVD into iTunes and then enter the redemption serial. This begins instant download of the SD version. Is compatible with iCloud.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + DVD
Quality Received: SD + iTunes Extras
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes. iCloud compatible.

Battleship
Description:Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV
Quality Received: SD
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes.

The Bourne Legacy
Description: Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV
Quality Received: HD + SD
Comments: Code directly redeemable in iTunes. No iTunes extras even published on the iTunes store; it's not that you don't get them included it's that they don't exist. iCloud compatible.

Good System for the UK?
I think the way the studios are getting around this is that if you buy a Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy what you are actually getting is a Digital Copy of the DVD, hence the SD quality. Best to go for either Blu-Ray + Digital Copy + UV or Blu-Ray + Digital Copy
davidscully is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:36 PM   #287
DaGrandMastah
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Does anyone know if the American Pie movies with digital copies are in HD?
DaGrandMastah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:37 PM   #288
Gadget-Man
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Most of them are all too old for HD, so I would say SD except for possibly:

American Pie - Universal 100th Anniversary

Haven't heard anything about whether that one is HD or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
Does anyone know if the American Pie movies with digital copies are in HD?
Gadget-Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:38 AM   #289
emaja
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget-Man View Post
Most of them are all too old for HD, so I would say SD except for possibly:

American Pie - Universal 100th Anniversary

Haven't heard anything about whether that one is HD or not.
Film is a higher resolution than the HD standard. I have a ton of old films that are HD. From the 100th Anniversary, "Jaws" in an HD download.

Age has nothing to do with whether the download is HD or not.
emaja is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:49 AM   #290
Gadget-Man
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I should have said they have older release dates.


Quote:
Originally Posted by emaja View Post
Film is a higher resolution than the HD standard. I have a ton of old films that are HD. From the 100th Anniversary, "Jaws" in an HD download.

Age has nothing to do with whether the download is HD or not.
Gadget-Man is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 01:12 AM   #291
skasol
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
I got the Blu-ray of The Hunger Games from Amazon and had a choice of Ultra Violet or iTunes. iTunes gave me a 1080p download. Like you, I use makemkv and put the movie on a disk drive attached to my TV.

I am too looking to do this. Which bluray drive did u get to read the bluray and extract with makemkv?

Thank u in advance for your assistance. I wanna make my digital file of batman.
__________________
15" MBP 2011 unibody i7 2.0GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD HD, HR AG screen; iphone 4S 64GB.
skasol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:24 AM   #292
xlii
macrumors 68000
 
xlii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millis, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skasol View Post
I am too looking to do this. Which bluray drive did u get to read the bluray and extract with makemkv?

Thank u in advance for your assistance. I wanna make my digital file of batman.
It was nothing fancy or fast but it's compact, and works well and the price is reasonable. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o08_s00_i00
xlii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:31 AM   #293
skasol
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
It was nothing fancy or fast but it's compact, and works well and the price is reasonable. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o08_s00_i00
Thank u for that. How long did it take for a movie?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
It was nothing fancy or fast but it's compact, and works well and the price is reasonable. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o08_s00_i00
Just ordered it. Thank u again. Couldn't go wrong with that price.
__________________
15" MBP 2011 unibody i7 2.0GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD HD, HR AG screen; iphone 4S 64GB.
skasol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:36 AM   #294
xlii
macrumors 68000
 
xlii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millis, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skasol View Post
Thank u for that. How long did it take for a movie?

----------



Just ordered it. Thank u again. Couldn't go wrong with that price.
If the movie is 2 hours in length it will take 1 hour. Makemkv uses very little CPU power so the speed is dependent on the speed of the Blu Ray drive. There are faster drives out there... but you only have to do this to your movie collection once.
xlii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:37 AM   #295
skasol
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
If the movie is 2 hours in length it will take 1 hour. Makemkv takes very little CPU time so the speed is dependent of the speed of the Blu Ray drive. There are faster drives out there... but you only have to do this to your movie collection once.
True. There are only a handful of movies that I needed it for so I don't mind waiting. Thank u again. A great deal. Was reading from reviewers that they recommend an ac adapter for it. Do u have one?
__________________
15" MBP 2011 unibody i7 2.0GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD HD, HR AG screen; iphone 4S 64GB.
skasol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:03 AM   #296
xlii
macrumors 68000
 
xlii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millis, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skasol View Post
True. There are only a handful of movies that I needed it for so I don't mind waiting. Thank u again. A great deal. Was reading from reviewers that they recommend an ac adapter for it. Do u have one?
I've never needed or bought the ac adapter for it. I hook it up to the usb on my 13" 2009 mbp and have never had a problem. It does come with an adapter so you could use 2 usb ports to power it if you needed to.
xlii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:04 AM   #297
skasol
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
I've never needed or bought the ac adapter for it. I hook it up to the usb on my 13" 2009 mbp and have never had a problem. It does come with an adapter so you could use 2 usb ports to power it if you needed to.
Thank u very much for this information. This is excellent. Excited to receive it so that I could back up just 5 bluray movies to my wdtv live hub.
__________________
15" MBP 2011 unibody i7 2.0GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD HD, HR AG screen; iphone 4S 64GB.
skasol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:55 AM   #298
mrholder
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
If anyone gets Skyfall Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy, can you please post if it's downloads in itunes 1080p? I'm not even sure this is available on disc yet.
mrholder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:39 PM   #299
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030
 
HazyCloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
If anyone gets Skyfall Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy, can you please post if it's downloads in itunes 1080p? I'm not even sure this is available on disc yet.
Amazon has it marked for release next Tuesday.
__________________
If you have a question about my post, quote me so I am notified and can easily reply to you.
HazyCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:32 PM   #300
rodman109110
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Flight can be added to the HD digital copy list as well.
__________________
2.4 GHZ 500GB HD 8GB RAM Unibody Macbook Pro | 24" LED Cinema Display | New iPad 16GB | AppleTV 2 | iPhone 4S 16GB Black |
rodman109110 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Blu Ray Movies w/ Digital Copies SteelBlueTJ Digital Video 0 Nov 30, 2013 04:14 PM
Blu-Ray for MacBook Pros - Finally, a 9.5mm Slot-Load Blu-Ray Drive! Prodo123 MacBook Pro 72 Sep 15, 2013 11:17 AM
Downloading 'Blu Ray Digital Copies' -BigMac- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Oct 21, 2012 03:38 PM
Fox to offer Digital Copies for $15 weeks before Blu-ray/DVD Rigby Apple TV and Home Theater 11 Sep 18, 2012 01:37 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC