Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1
norcal707
macrumors newbie

SSH help!

Super new to this whole ssh thing ive just recently been looking into it and its really interesting.

I was trying to just learn how to actually give another computer commands and have already encountered a problem.
using guides found online i have open a terminal and made sure both computers had remote login checked, port 22 is open but we are on a huge network, a university wifi that thousands of students use.
when prompted for the password i type it in and it has me repeat that three times before finally giving me permission denied (publickey, keyboard-interactive)

ex. ssh username@####
Password:
Password:
Password:
Permission denied

I was wondering because the server houses so many people it is timing out before it can find the ip?
let me know if this is in the wrong section I am just brand new to this and would really like to learn more about it, any links to guides would be greatly appreciated.
norcal707 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking