Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1
desertman
macrumors 6502

iTunes not connecting to iPad2

I have the iPad 2 of a friend in front of me. It still has iOS 4.3.5. It is kind of locked because it is full - Mail is always crashing, in Settings under Mail it says "Accounts are currently syncing."

When I want to connect the iPad to my iTunes I get the error message: "iTunes could not connect to this iPad. Could not save the pairing record."

Restarting the iPad does not help. Restarting the Mac does not help. Using a fresh user on my Mac with no other iPad connected to its iTunes does not help.

What can I do to get this iPad connected to iTunes so that I can delete songs from it so that Mail works again? (Since it still has iOS 4 songs cannot be deleted directly from the iPad, it has to happen through iTunes.)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Does it contain any apps that can be deleted first?
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:59 PM   #3
desertman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
Does it contain any apps that can be deleted first?
Good idea, thanks. After deleting one app the iPad was not stuck anymore and also willing to connect to iTunes.

I updated the iPad (from iOS 4.3.5) to iOS 6.1 now. For doing this I had to agree to have pretty much everything deleted from the iPad. That's not so nice, I think.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman View Post
Good idea, thanks. After deleting one app the iPad was not stuck anymore and also willing to connect to iTunes.

I updated the iPad (from iOS 4.3.5) to iOS 6.1 now. For doing this I had to agree to have pretty much everything deleted from the iPad. That's not so nice, I think.
Sounds like it was stuffed to the gills. I prefer the option to download the iOS update and install later. That lets me transfer purchases and do a backup before installing the update. Sort of an insurance policy in case something goes wrong.

You friend will be able to reinstall the apps, at no charge, so all was not lost.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting