Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:54 AM   #26
f*ckimsly
macrumors newbie

update?

so is there ever going to be a driver update for fable TLC on mac?
it doesn't run in lion at all, and even if i run snow leopard it won't work with my graphics cards on my new MacBook Pro 2011. they should really stop selling it if they won't even support being played on a modern mac! waste of money!
f*ckimsly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:34 PM   #27
deadwulfe
macrumors 6502a

So you ever gonna contact their customer support or is your only post with a 2 year old account going to be about you waiting for your problem to fix itself without telling anyone you have a problem?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:35 AM   #28
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*ckimsly View Post
so is there ever going to be a driver update for fable TLC on mac?
it doesn't run in lion at all, and even if i run snow leopard it won't work with my graphics cards on my new MacBook Pro 2011. they should really stop selling it if they won't even support being played on a modern mac! waste of money!
On most Mac's the game should run fine in Lion (& Snow Leopard) however some machines and cards have some problems. 10.7.2 solved a lot of the problems but if the problems on your Mac still persist after running the latest version of the game and the latest patch of Lion please contact support and we can look into the issue on your Mac.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:58 AM   #29
Ungibbed
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Ungibbed Send a message via Yahoo to Ungibbed
Seeing this topic come up, I decided to pop in my copy of Fable TLC, and noticed some awful clipping issues that never showed up before. I am patched to current and despite a dozen changes to my video settings, I get some really weird issues with my toons hair disappearing or other oddities.

The game ran perfect under Snow Leopard and the move to Lion didn't give me any issues but with my 320m powered 13" MBP, I get some real strangeness.

Performance is still top notch even when playing at native resolution on a ACD (2650x1440) but the poly clipping really kills my favorite Xbox title brought to my Mac.

I have the horsepower to run this game incredibly well (ran beautifully in SL) and one single driver update killed my fun. Change direction, the hair on my character looks like Patrick Stewart, mouse around a bit more and it's all good then my hair is gone and taking up a quarter of my monitor again.

One example taken with my *gasp* BlackBerry attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20111024-00099.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	308946  
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:01 PM   #30
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungibbed View Post
Seeing this topic come up, I decided to pop in my copy of Fable TLC, and noticed some awful clipping issues that never showed up before. I am patched to current and despite a dozen changes to my video settings, I get some really weird issues with my toons hair disappearing or other oddities.

The game ran perfect under Snow Leopard and the move to Lion didn't give me any issues but with my 320m powered 13" MBP, I get some real strangeness.

Performance is still top notch even when playing at native resolution on a ACD (2650x1440) but the poly clipping really kills my favorite Xbox title brought to my Mac.

I have the horsepower to run this game incredibly well (ran beautifully in SL) and one single driver update killed my fun. Change direction, the hair on my character looks like Patrick Stewart, mouse around a bit more and it's all good then my hair is gone and taking up a quarter of my monitor again.

One example taken with my *gasp* BlackBerry attached.
Checked with support that is a bug with NV drivers in Lion. Checked with dev and we have someone working on a workaround although with all the new games in development I don't have a patch date.

Cheers,

Edwin

Last edited by edddeduck; Oct 25, 2011 at 03:11 AM.
edddeduck is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:27 PM   #31
Ungibbed
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Ungibbed Send a message via Yahoo to Ungibbed
Quote:
Originally Posted by edddeduck View Post
Checked with support that is a bug with NV drivers in Lion. Checked with dev and we have someone working on a workaround although with all the new games in development I don't have a patch.

Cheers,

Edwin
Dang, I hope a patch does happen. I love this game and after using Lion a bit, despite the removal of one of my most often used applications (Front Row), it would be a pain to go back. I'm going to have to go through the rest of my Mac games to see if issues came up since 10.7.2 was released and there's a couple I haven't played since I updated to Lion a couple months ago.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:20 AM   #32
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungibbed View Post
Dang, I hope a patch does happen. I love this game and after using Lion a bit, despite the removal of one of my most often used applications (Front Row), it would be a pain to go back. I'm going to have to go through the rest of my Mac games to see if issues came up since 10.7.2 was released and there's a couple I haven't played since I updated to Lion a couple months ago.
It WILL happen I just cannot give out a public date on the forums. PM me if you are inserted in helping with the beta I will see what I can do when the time comes.

Edwin
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:34 AM   #33
Vanon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edddeduck View Post
It WILL happen I just cannot give out a public date on the forums. PM me if you are inserted in helping with the beta I will see what I can do when the time comes.

Edwin
I'm interested !

Just bought the game and it's just impossible to play... do something guys!

Take a look:

This "stuff" happens after 10/15 mins of play

Oh and by the way the main character is always bald in my game....
Vanon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:46 AM   #34
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanon View Post
I'm interested !

Just bought the game and it's just impossible to play... do something guys!

Take a look:

This "stuff" happens after 10/15 mins of play

Oh and by the way the main character is always bald in my game....
These issues you are seeing are caused by bugs in the graphics drivers that ship with OS X Lion, the game has worked fine on every OS since 10.4 without any major trouble. When the odd issue occurred in the past we patched the game.

As I said earlier we are working on a patch for Lion but I don't have a date for you at this time.

Edwin
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:22 PM   #35
deadwulfe
macrumors 6502a

I found this discussion article useful in gaining an understanding of what's involved in getting updated/fixed drivers on the Mac OS. Even though it's specific to AMD's GPU's, I imagine the process for nVidia isn't much different.

In short, game developers provide information, data, and examples, but the GPU maker is responsible for making their hardware work with Apple's interface:

Inside Mac Games Feature: Part I: AMD's Mac 3D Manager Discusses Graphics Cards
Old Nov 2, 2011, 01:20 PM   #36
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwulfe View Post
I found this discussion article useful in gaining an understanding of what's involved in getting updated/fixed drivers on the Mac OS. Even though it's specific to AMD's GPU's, I imagine the process for nVidia isn't much different.

In short, game developers provide information, data, and examples, but the GPU maker is responsible for making their hardware work with Apple's interface:

Inside Mac Games Feature: Part I: AMD's Mac 3D Manager Discusses Graphics Cards
I have known Chris Bentley of AMD for years, him and the rest of the team are great guys to work with. Every Mac game I have worked on we have kept in touch with them during development to get the games running well as possible on AMD/ATI hardware.

The Mac team at AMD might not be as big as the PC team but they do a great job and deserve all the credit they get. Even on the rare occasion we find a bug in an AMD card they work with us to get it fixed or come up with a work around.

I know this might seem a bit too much high praise but Chris has been a great help to the Mac gaming community over the years so I am glad he is getting a little recognition!

Edwin
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:58 PM   #37
nocturtle
macrumors newbie

update?

Any update on that patch yet?

Thanks in advance!
nocturtle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 04:05 AM   #38
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturtle View Post
Any update on that patch yet?

Thanks in advance!
Nothing concrete yet but we are working our way through the back catalogue of games patching them one by one as fast as we can.

Edwin
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:22 PM   #39
nocturtle
macrumors newbie

fixed!

This graphics error has been fixed in Mac os x 10.7.3. Yay!
nocturtle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:43 PM   #40
MacBH928
macrumors 6502a

How well will this game run on my macbook core2dou 4gb-RAM Nvidia 94000M ?
MacBH928 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:17 AM   #41
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Should run fine it's a pretty old game so your card will not have to much trouble.

Edwin

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games