Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1
piatti
macrumors 6502a

How do you log out of a Youtube account on the YouTube app on iPhone 5?

I can't find the log out button. I want to sign in as a different user.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:37 AM   #2
mac.cali
macrumors 6502a

It's under settings.
mac.cali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:14 AM   #3
piatti
macrumors 6502a

I see. I was looking for 'log out' I guess that's why I didn't see the 'sign out'
piatti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 08:50 AM   #4
Ahammer
macrumors newbie

They try to hide it

You CAN sign out of the app. But YouTube/Google are sneaky and make it hard to figure out because they want to track everything you do in YouTube and signing out prevents them from doing that.

To sign out from YouTube on iPad
1) Tap your account name in left panel
2) Select 'Use YouTube without a Google Account'' at the bottom of the pop up panel

Note, instead of just calling it a "Sign out" button, not only do they name it something vey dull, but they also go to such an extreme as to change its appearance to not even look like a button. Looks like if you tapped on it you would be reading some instructions or a boring EULA text. So basically, it's a deliberate attempt to subvert their users' efforts to simply log out by making you confused and frustrated enough to either give up and let them continue tracking every video you watch, or to make you resort to the Internet for answers on pages like this. Google sucks. So much for their "Do No Evil" motto. This kind of obfuscation is pure evil stuff.
Ahammer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2013, 01:36 PM   #5
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Is it even more insidious on a laptop, every time I gmail and forget to sign off, am permanently identified by Google it tracks what I am doing, send those information to vendors and in short order am being spam. Evil.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone