Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:53 AM   #26
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Sprint.

You just need the network vision rollout to hit your area:

Even at the fringes of the LTE service area (-118 dBm) I was getting respectable speed:

Notice these speedtests were duriing peak usage hours so you may see better performance at other times.

If you want to find out when your area might be getting LTE and the like check out http://s4gru.com/ which is a site run by Sprint LTE enthusiasts and also check your zip code at sensorly.com to see what kind of LTE coverage your area has.

I will say that some areas without it are suffering but they're basically replacing their entire infrastructure, basically every tower there is and it will take a while to get it all done.

My own area isn't live with LTE yet but my closest Sprint tower (slated for upgrades) is about half a mile away. No problem.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; Jan 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
aliensporebomb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:44 PM   #27
cuzo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
You just need the network vision rollout to hit your area:

Even at the fringes of the LTE service area (-118 dBm) I was getting respectable speed:

Notice these speedtests were duriing peak usage hours so you may see better performance at other times.

If you want to find out when your area might be getting LTE and the like check out http://s4gru.com/ which is a site run by Sprint LTE enthusiasts and also check your zip code at sensorly.com to see what kind of LTE coverage your area has.

I will say that some areas without it are suffering but they're basically replacing their entire infrastructure, basically every tower there is and it will take a while to get it all done.

My own area isn't live with LTE yet but my closest Sprint tower (slated for upgrades) is about half a mile away. No problem.
I actually get LTE outside my apartment, I average speeds around 8mbs down but once I get inside LTE is gone, as a matter of fact I can't even get a webpage to load.

I took that screenshot at work, I work at the University of Miami in Coral Gables. I get about 0.05mbs inside the office and wifi is slow here since it's free.

I can't stream pandora, can't watch youtube or anything, I stayed with Sprint because I'm a SERO P member so I pay 50 a month.

But I'm fed up.

I renewed my contract when the 5 came out opening day.
cuzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:52 PM   #28
leandroc76
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN View Post
I'll just leave this right here. I don't think I need to say much more :-(

Attachment 393433
What about LTE?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:07 PM   #29
keitarou
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzo View Post
I actually get LTE outside my apartment, I average speeds around 8mbs down but once I get inside LTE is gone, as a matter of fact I can't even get a webpage to load.

I took that screenshot at work, I work at the University of Miami in Coral Gables. I get about 0.05mbs inside the office and wifi is slow here since it's free.

I can't stream pandora, can't watch youtube or anything, I stayed with Sprint because I'm a SERO P member so I pay 50 a month.

But I'm fed up.

I renewed my contract when the 5 came out opening day.
If you are complaining about in building coverage, you'll need to wait for 800mhz rollout. Even AT&T and Verizon sucks indoors if they didn't have the 700mhz. I had Verizon LTE in NYC and i got 0.02mbps in doors. I left and now have better Sprint coverage indoors. 3G for now but LTE in a few months.

Stick with unlimited since the other companies can't match that. People just like to knock Sprint without ever having used it because of speed tests. I've been with Verizon for 10 years and decided to leave once they said they can't get better building penetration even though i am right next to a window. Go figure...
keitarou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:52 PM   #30
jgalan14
macrumors 6502

Nothing new the people here already told you but that's why I left sprint I got an iPhone 4S unlocked on tmobile and I get average of 4-7mbps sure is not as fasts as lte or note 2(getting around 15-18mbps) but is unlimited and cheaper then sprints plans, of course take into consideration if tmobile works good on your area Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359575518.288152.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	393636
jgalan14 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:23 PM   #31
CoMoMacUser
macrumors 6502a

In Speedtest, click on each of your results to see if the network is 1X or EV-DO Rev. A. My speeds were consistently sub-150 kbps, and then I noticed that I was on 1X.

It took several chat sessions with Sprint, but I finally found an agent who helped me reset my data profile. (I got my MSL in the process.) That did the trick as far as getting me back on DO.

On some sites around town, I still get ~150 kbps even though I'm using DO. But on others, I get nearly 2 Mbps on DO. I'll be happy when all of the sites are pumping out at least 1 Mbps because that's fast enough for my EVO (the original version).
CoMoMacUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:41 PM   #32
Wicked1
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzo View Post
The sprint 3G data is just pathetic and I'm fed up with it, anyone know anything about this? Any fixes?

Attachment 393420
You would be better off with Dial Up then with Data Speeds on Sprint, they are horrible all around, I am on AT&T and love it, however VZ is good as well

You can take your Sprint IP5 and go to AT&T, just that you will not be able to use LTE, but it might save you some $$$ for now, their 4G is the fastest in the industry, AT&T I mean.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:43 PM   #33
keitarou
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
You would be better off with Dial Up then with Data Speeds on Sprint, they are horrible all around, I am on AT&T and love it, however VZ is good as well

You can take your Sprint IP5 and go to AT&T, just that you will not be able to use LTE, but it might save you some $$$ for now, their 4G is the fastest in the industry, AT&T I mean.
Sprint's iPhone 5 doesn't work on At&t. It's Verizon's iPhone 5 that comes unlocked not Sprint. And fastest 4G in the industry? not true. Depends where you are located. In NYC, they are slower than T-mobile.
keitarou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:07 PM   #34
Nermal

If it makes you feel any better, poor speeds aren't limited to Sprint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	393690  
Nermal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:19 AM   #35
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation And

Off-peak:

Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:27 AM   #36
SONiC5
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Verizon and ATT are much better then Sprint.

----------

Dear lord...i get LTE pretty much everywhere I go on the East coast on my Verizon i5.
Where I live, Verizon's 3G is just as slow as Sprint's.
SONiC5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM   #37
Darkhrse99
macrumors regular

Here are my results, doesn't seem bad from what's been posted .Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359644550.881325.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	393768
Darkhrse99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:38 AM   #38
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Hello,
While bashing Sprint is something of a spectator sport around here, provided the Softbank Merger goes through, Sprint has a decidedly upward trajectory.
Softbank was in a similar position in Japan when starting out, but are now doing quite well in the ultra competitive JDM.

Between the cash infusion this merger will bring and the acquisition of the remaining part of Clearwire, Sprint's LTE Spectrum will become quite respectable.

Already in Florida, I am getting LTE in more and more of the State and Network Vision has also boosted 3G speeds. That being said, 3G has been always pretty solid down here.
Cheers,
JJ
Jungle Jack is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:39 PM   #39
dogKman822
macrumors member

Haha. Has any Verizon customers got these speeds?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	393851  
dogKman822 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:50 PM   #40
eNcrypTioN
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jack View Post
Hello,
While bashing Sprint is something of a spectator sport around here, provided the Softbank Merger goes through, Sprint has a decidedly upward trajectory.
Softbank was in a similar position in Japan when starting out, but are now doing quite well in the ultra competitive JDM.

Between the cash infusion this merger will bring and the acquisition of the remaining part of Clearwire, Sprint's LTE Spectrum will become quite respectable.

Already in Florida, I am getting LTE in more and more of the State and Network Vision has also boosted 3G speeds. That being said, 3G has been always pretty solid down here.
Cheers,
JJ

Where in Florida are you getting good speeds. Down here in south FL Sprint is a joke. I posted my spped tests from my 4S on the first page.
eNcrypTioN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:36 PM   #41
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

haha Sprint customers. Can't believe they put up with that crap
AutoUnion39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:55 PM   #42
moldy lunchbox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogKman822 View Post
Where are you at that you get 66mbps with only 3 bars of LTE? Cause AT&T just rolled out LTE in my city and I don't even get half that with 5 bars.
moldy lunchbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:18 PM   #43
CEmajr
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Highest Ive ever gotten with Verizon was 36 down and 16 up. Nothing close to those speeds. Verizon's advantage is that they have LTE almost everywhere.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:27 PM   #44
Darkhrse99
macrumors regular

Quote:
Must be nice
Darkhrse99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:42 PM   #45
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
yup. In most markets, VZW and AT&T can achieve a Max of 73 mbps due to deployment on the 10x10 spectrum. However, in some markets, they only have 5x5, which limits speeds to half that. One example of this is AT&T in Chicago. They only have half, so they will have max of 37 mbps.

Sprint can't match AT&T or VZW anywhere. They are truly that terrible. useless 3G Speeds and snail-like LTE deployment.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldy lunchbox View Post
Where are you at that you get 66mbps with only 3 bars of LTE? Cause AT&T just rolled out LTE in my city and I don't even get half that with 5 bars.
location?
AutoUnion39 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:36 AM   #46
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
yup. In most markets, VZW and AT&T can achieve a Max of 73 mbps due to deployment on the 10x10 spectrum. However, in some markets, they only have 5x5, which limits speeds to half that. One example of this is AT&T in Chicago. They only have half, so they will have max of 37 mbps.

Sprint can't match AT&T or VZW anywhere. They are truly that terrible. useless 3G Speeds and snail-like LTE deployment.

----------

location?
You don't read do you?

And I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Off-peak:

Typical Anti-Sprint bs...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:21 AM   #47
moldy lunchbox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post

location?
It's under my name, I'm in Raleigh.
moldy lunchbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:24 PM   #48
dogKman822
macrumors member

I'm in Atlanta. Well not in Atlanta but in Gwinnett. My county has been the target for a lot of stuff recently. The NFL Falcons want there new stadium here. I talked to an ATT guy at the store and he said that this county has the most travelers in and out of it. My 65down was in downtown Grayson GA. Best speeds I've gotten. As you can see in the picture I had taken these last December or November. Near my house I get 20 to 25 down, about the same as my Internet.
dogKman822 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:27 AM   #49
Jungle Jack
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNcrypTioN View Post
Where in Florida are you getting good speeds. Down here in south FL Sprint is a joke. I posted my spped tests from my 4S on the first page.
Hello,
Forgive my late response. LTE is working now in a decent part of the Tampa-St. Pete Metro. I actually downloaded 6.1 using LTE and the speed was shockingly good.

I live on a barrier island about 70 miles from TPA, but go up there quite often. I will run Speed Test next time and will post pics of the results.

I will again say that provided the Softbank merger goes through, Sprint really has a shot at being relevant. Given the odious name recognition Sprint ensnares by many, I might think it best to rename the company then.
All the best,
J
Jungle Jack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 06:14 AM   #50
jenni122701
macrumors regular

I've been with Sprint for years but just recently got a smart phone, my iPhone with them. They are in the process of upgrading all their towers and increasing speed. They seem to really want to improve so they can be good competitors with AT&T and Verizon. I guess time will tell.
iPhone 5C
jenni122701 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone